Support Forums

Full Version: I don't know what to do.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I really don't know what to do.
My life is a joke, I have no close friends, only people I talk to at school. No one friend that I can talk to about everything, or just always have a good time.

I don't really fit in, i am not interested in many of the things that people my age are into, it seems I am further ahead. Most people are immature and making jokes about poop, while I am alone thinking about the assignments we have.

The only reason I see to live is my Nephew, but he doesn't like me.

I don't know what to do.
I'm positive that there are groups of people that are highly intellectual, like yourself, that you would fit in to. Try to find those people, and start some small talk. They are probably into the same things that you are.

Try asking some of your friends to hang out with them. Have a good time. You're not going to end up spending time with them if you don't take initiative to start an event.

Maybe like, "We should go to the movies this weekend," or "Let's go to the beach since it's so hot out."

You just need to relax. Remember, your social life is just as important as your academic life.
Try to find people that have the same interests as you, and see if you fit in with them and if you could see youself becoming bestfriends with them?
How old are you? What grade? If you feel you are more mature than others, find people who are as mature as you or more mature. That seems to be your issue.

Once you get out of High School you'll do great I'm guessing, but for now check out some school clubs. You'd be surprised how even going to a meeting can change your life.
I second the idea of joining a few clubs, if any are available. Since it sounds like you're a little more focused on academics compared to others, and clubs should be a good fit.

Otherwise, put things into perspective. You may actually not be the only person who feels like they don't really "fit in". It is hard to be the one to take the initiative and try to become better friends with people, so try to put yourself out there at times and join a group.

(03-09-2011, 06:08 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]How old are you? What grade? If you feel you are more mature than others, find people who are as mature as you or more mature. That seems to be your issue.

Once you get out of High School you'll do great I'm guessing, but for now check out some school clubs. You'd be surprised how even going to a meeting can change your life.

I am 15 and in 10th grade.

My school has no clubs for free, and I don't have $100 to spend to enroll in them.
I have the same issues as you, but I've been dealing. I want to help. How do I contact you?
(03-09-2011, 06:14 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I am 15 and in 10th grade.

My school has no clubs for free, and I don't have $100 to spend to enroll in them.

You're taking the whole concept too seriously for now in my opinion. Some mature faster than others, and as time goes on maybe some will catch up and you'll have a new group to be with. You're only 15, so I wouldn't go around making comments saying that your life is a joke quite yet. I can assure you that other adults are probably worse off than you. If you don't have your life sorted out by the time you get to University or College, then you can start thinking of your life as a joke, if you aren't going to make anything of it and take education seriously.

Others have smarts going for them, some have popularity, some have talent. There's a whole range of people. So you can't relate yourself to others and say that your life is a joke. If you're worried about education all the time, surely you're getting decent marks in school. That's the group of people you'd fit in with then. You'll probably end up getting a decent career in the future while others that you used to look back on, won't be getting the best jobs they dreamed of. That's just the way it is, things will change along with your perception in time about your situation.
There are people that will be your friend, you just have to find them, there all over buddy. Find something you like & find a group of people that are more similar to your likes. Staying active on forums & computers in general always keeps me happy too.
I'm in the same group as OP, except I'm not depressed about anything.
I am constantly astonished at the immaturity and stupidity of people my own age.
I feel like I'm thirty.
I'm only 18 and I know what I want to name my children.
I'm into things nobody has ever heard of or cares about.
I only have a few friends.
But I have a lot of hobbies to keep me occupied.
Pages: 1 2