Support Forums

Full Version: Bad Swearing Habit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I really need to stop my swearing. It is getting the best of me, when I talk to the girl I like, brothers, mom and dad its just not cool. I don't know what to do about my swearing. Can someone tell me how to get rid of that swearing habbit? It's just terrible and I have realized that for the past 2-3 weeks now, and it's messing up my life. Please help.
Well what you can do (Now I know this sounds like something you would do for a little kid) but what you can do is get a jar or some sort of container that can hold loose change. Now every time you say a swear word put a quarter or another piece of loose change in the container and donate it to charity! Now this is a win win because when your loosing money it makes you think twice about swearing but it also goes to a good cause! This is just my suggestion... Good Luck!
Yeah, I do this sometimes too without wanting too.
Well i suggest you take some time to think out your sentences before you speak. Also every time you do curse privately do something to make you remember a bad feeling. maybe like a pinch but don't go od with pain. Just something so next time you associate cursing with pain .
I cuss a lot, but when I'm with my mom its like a switch in my brain. It just doesn't happen.
Construct your sentences very carefully in your head.
It should help you avoid swearing, and maybe improve your grammar if you are one of those "yO I iz a GaNgstA G-dawg, u hUrd mE?" kinda guys.

...I can't believe I even typed that...
(03-08-2011, 09:29 PM)Locke Wrote: [ -> ]Construct your sentences very carefully in your head.
It should help you avoid swearing, and maybe improve your grammar if you are one of those "yO I iz a GaNgstA G-dawg, u hUrd mE?" kinda guys.

...I can't believe I even typed that...

LOL, I am in honors English, thats not my style hahahaha... But I see where your getting at, people say I am too fast for myself, i'll construct them more slowly, thanks for the tips guys.
Self-control is what it's about.

I know this has been mentioned several times, but think before you talk. It might be one of the most effective methods of proper communication to others.

I used to have the same problem, cursing without reason, but then I realized there is no use for it. Cursing makes you sound less intelligent. Take the higher road, and use some new vocabulary.

You're in Honors English, you can figure it out. Smile
(03-08-2011, 10:17 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]Self-control is what it's about.

I know this has been mentioned several times, but think before you talk. It might be one of the most effective methods of proper communication to others.

I used to have the same problem, cursing without reason, but then I realized there is no use for it. Cursing makes you sound less intelligent. Take the higher road, and use some new vocabulary.

Thanks for the lecture Deltron, really meant a ton.
(03-08-2011, 10:17 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]Self-control is what it's about.

Agreed.
You just have to tell yourself, I don't want to swear right now.
It's actually quite simple, but the first step is maturity.
If you don't want to quit swearing because it makes you seem "cool" then you won't.

It doesn't make you cool more less makes you look stupid.
Sure I swear, but only in times that it is necessary.
Pages: 1 2