Support Forums

Full Version: Losing a close friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, tonight I just lost a very close friend to me, known her for 13 almost 14 years. I'm pretty down from it, it's nothing new to me of course, I've lost friends before, I just find it harder and harder to get back up from this.

The reason why I am posting this is more for techniques and support on how others get through times like this, so if you don't know what it's like to lose someone close to you, please don't post. Thanks to anyone who gives me any support, it's my first time looking for it on the internet. ._.

I know what you.

Details if you may: How did you lose her?
(03-08-2011, 12:19 AM)Gregarious Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you.

Details if you may: How did you lose her?

She died in a car accident from a drunk driver. I got a phone call that she was in the hospital and was in critical condition but when I got there, she was already gone. I have mixed emotions right now, both sadness and anger. Anger because of what I feel for that idiot who got behind the wheel intoxicated. freakin idiots anymore, make me so mad.

None the less, that feeling isn't going to bring her back, so I'm just trying to deal with it the best I can and how I did with the past loses I've had in my life. I thought this would be the appropriate place to try and get some support to help me through this.
Your paths have split, keep the memories of her and continue...
For me, death is natural and comes to anyone sooner or later, so I just accept the event and continue.
You are not helping yourself, and for sure not her by being down everyday, you should just live your life like it actually didn't happend...
The more you loved that person, more you will miss her/him, but you can still live YOUR life.... And hope that your paths cross again...

Don't get angry on the driver, though I would kill the man if the chace occurs... (I mean it)
But anger is not good for anyone, remember her....

The anger may be projected on a wrong person, who might appear to do the same thing and you might get into real troubles, or even worse....

Punch the anger out, use a punching bag...
Keep her in your heart bro, keep the memories. God loved her more then you did...

We all have a time to go...
(03-08-2011, 12:23 AM)Polymath Wrote: [ -> ]Your paths have split, keep the memories of her and continue...
For me, death is natural and comes to anyone sooner or later, so I just accept the event and continue.
You are not helping yourself, and for sure not her by being down everyday, you should just live your life like it actually didn't happend...
The more you loved that person, more you will miss her/him, but you can still live YOUR life.... And hope that your paths cross again...

Well, of course death is natural but she didn't die from natural causes, some fudge up took her life. That is what troubles me the most. I agree that I should move on, which I will eventually. It just hurts since I did love her like a sister due to the fact I've known her for so long.

I won't be able to live my life like it never happened, that is impossible. She was too close to me and she will always be in my memories, but I know she wouldn't want me to be down, it just helps me if I express myself somewhere and this is helping well. I hope I do see her again, I will miss her and that would be a dream come true if our paths crossed again.
It's always hard to lose someone you've been acquainted with for the longest of times. But you just have to remember, that life goes on. Just keep the good memories of her strong. And as always, time is the only thing that will help you get through it.

If that doesn't help, you could maybe try to fight against drunk driving in some way or another, it'll make you feel like you've done her good.
(03-08-2011, 12:36 AM)matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's always hard to lose someone you've been acquainted with for the longest of times. But you just have to remember, that life goes on. Just keep the good memories of her strong. And as always, time is the only thing that will help you get through it.

If that doesn't help, you could maybe try to fight against drunk driving in some way or another, it'll make you feel like you've done her good.

Yeah, that is a good idea actually and I might do something in support of that. I respect your reply and thank you as well, gave me an idea on what I could do.

She wouldn't want me to be depressed from her death but to build something in remembrance to her.
I understand how you feel, I lost a friend in a car accident where the other driver was also drunk, bastard survived...
I've also lost a friend because of drunk driving... I miss him, but I still say he deserves it... call me cruel, but he put others (maybe children) in danger, what I do not tolerate...

The fact that someone else is to blame for your friends death, means that the pain will most likely stay for a long period. You need to get over or used to it, or it may lead to bad expiriences... drug addiction among many others...

You can't, or atleast I'm not capable of ignoring the pain of a loss, but I will never allow it to break me down, or someone will be crying out for me...
You WILL miss her until you die if you loved her that much, but as you already said you will eventually get over it... why not today, why not now... the pain will always be present...
(03-08-2011, 12:42 AM)Polymath Wrote: [ -> ]I understand how you feel, I lost a friend in a car accident where the other driver was also drunk, bastard survived...
I've also lost a friend because of drunk driving... I miss him, but I still say he deserves it... call me cruel, but he put others (maybe children) in danger, what I do not tolerate...

The fact that someone else is to blame for your friends death, means that the pain will most likely stay for a long period. You need to get over or used to it, or it may lead to bad expiriences... drug addiction among many others...

You can't, or atleast I'm not capable of ignoring the pain of a loss, but I will never allow it to break me down, or someone will be crying out for me...
You WILL miss her until you die if you loved her that much, but as you already said you will eventually get over it... why not today, why not now... the pain will always be present...

Mostly because it is a fresh wound on top of old ones. It re-surfaces old memories which makes the pain that much more damaging. I understand that time is the only cure for these injuries but it will never fade away forever. It will come back every now and then, it is just how I am I guess and I can't just get over something just like that, especially something like this.

I'd like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and advice, it feels nice and is a nice breath of fresh air to express how I feel and have people listen. I don't have many people who would do that for me in reality. Katie will always be in my heart and I will just have to accept the fact she is gone.
Pages: 1 2 3