Support Forums

Full Version: Hard time showing emotion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey,

I'm 14 and have been having troubles showing any emotion for the last 2 years or so, I find myself terrible with chicks because of this, for example they say a joke to "break the ice" and i just stare at them and say funny. I try to fake laugh but it comes across really creepy-ish. Anyways back to the point. My mother has MS and lives in a nursing home I see her rarely, At school I am known to be "that kid", not nerdy, not funny, not creepy ... just that kid that no one knows. I talk to people and have friends, (least they say they are) but they never invite me to do anything. I also find the only way I can talk to people is over IM or Webcam (possible because this makes me feel "safe" I don't know). I recently noticed that my life has no point... I just wake up. goto school goto work rinse repeat. I have no history, no great depression(fightclub reference'?) , nothing to say I have done with my life. This thought has really made my think and be depressed. I feel as if I should just lye in my bed and cry, but I can't. Any help would be nice. Prefer to talk to someone over MSN Pm me... Oh wait.

inb4 "MEN DONT DO SUICIDE THEY fudge SUICIDE UP THE ASS jerk" oh wait i didnt say suicide once nor have i ever thought of it... and this isnt HF
I believe that the degree of showing emotions vary from person to person, I don't think that having a lesser degree of showing emotion means that you "feel" less than the average person.

Anyways, buddy, you're only 14. There's still lots of time to figure things out and find something to do. I remember this guy sitting next to me in high school who didn't know what to do with himself. Now, he's a semester short from being a psychologist.
I've had this feeling before too.
Like, I haven't done anything with my life.
I'm only 15.

The thing I tell myself, is to enjoy to be young when I can, and not really think about the future.
You got plenty of time left to do lots of great stuff in your life.

Find a hobby, start learning a programming launguage, or something.
(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I find myself terrible with chicks because of this, for example they say a joke to "break the ice" and i just stare at them and say funny. I try to fake laugh but it comes across really creepy-ish.
You need to learn to interact with other people. Why don't you say a joke or start a conversation with something you find interesting.
You can try to learn to fake laugh well just keep practising it.

(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]My mother has MS and lives in a nursing home I see her rarely
Sorry to here that, that really is unfortunate.

(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I talk to people and have friends, but they never invite me to do anything.
Why don't you invite people to do something rather than waiting for someone to invite you?
If they don't invite you ask them.

(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I also find the only way I can talk to people is over IM or Webcam (possible because this makes me feel "safe" I don't know).
You should get out of the habit with this or you will have no social skills at all. Get out and talk to people, doesn't matter what the subject is just get used to talking and listening to others.

(03-05-2011, 07:12 AM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]You need to learn to interact with other people. Why don't you say a joke or start a conversation with something you find interesting.
You can try to learn to fake laugh well just keep practising it.
Meh, its worth a try I guess.

(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you invite people to do something rather than waiting for someone to invite you?
If they don't invite you ask them.
When I do they always say no which makes me self a-steam even higher

(03-04-2011, 11:11 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]You should get out of the habit with this or you will have no social skills at all. Get out and talk to people, doesn't matter what the subject is just get used to talking and listening to others.
I do talk to people IRL, I do have friends I think. Just when ever I talk to a girl who is attractive or who I like it instantly becomes fudged. If this makes sense I can talk to ugly chicks and men fine.
Its bad, to now show emotion, it actually makes you miss out a lot.
I would take this to a professional therapist, she might help you.

But if you want somebody to talk to, contact me. I always love to talk to new people.
To be honest, and sorry if this isn't your place...but try smoking marijuana. Seriously.
Get some weed and beer. Call up some prostitutes... oh wait, your 14... :/