Support Forums

Full Version: Suicidal experiences?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any of you who had experiences with people close to you, who commit suicide, or tryed?

My mom tryed once, a long time ago.
It was pretty sad, the night where my aunt came to tell me and my sister.

Nothing happened, luckily.
She apologised to me and my sister, and said she didn't meant it in any way.

I think I got over it, and my mom is okay again.

Share experiences, if you feel like.
good to hear she recovered well from whatever it was that caused it lolzor60,dont ever blame self for it,family can end up blaming themselves when it really wasnt anything to do with them.

its more common than people think,not only does suicide happen through mental illness,but people who are desperate through whatever problems or pain they are experiencing will often see suicide as a release,though they dont neccessarily want to permenantly disapear.

cant say have known anyone close attempt suicide,like family etc,but before sister bought her own house,she used to rent a house with a girl she worked with [they both worked for a mental health organisation] , the girl was very nice and had known her for a long time,but she had been severely depressed since a teen,and made many attempts.

last year unfortunately she was successful despite the fact she had been moved to a secure theraputic mental health residential unit after a accute crisis,god knows how she managed it there.
guess in some ways though it must be a relief for some people who have suffered from severe mental pain for so long to finaly be at peace.
Sad to hear about that girl.
-Yea, I don't blame myself for anything.
She has just been devorced from my dad, and she was pretty down for some time.

Quote:its more common than people think,not only does suicide happen through mental illness,but people who are desperate through whatever problems or pain they are experiencing will often see suicide as a release,though they dont neccessarily want to permenantly disapear.
You're absoloutely right there, imo.
This was also the way my mom explained it, after she recovered Smile.

I've lost many many friends from suicidal experiences. I know what you are going through and anyone else who has lost friends like this as well. It's really a tough time when it comes to losing friends and family. I've been to four funerals this year and really I lost count at 20 funerals last year. But losing people is a hard experience.

I've thought about what it would be to lose everyone you cared about and its not something I want or will ever want. That's why till this day, I help out anyone I can by sharing my experiences and talk them to daily to help them with there problems and anything that just really bothers them.

One thing I can say to anyone here who has lost someone close to them is release your emotions. It's strange but a very strong technique and seems successful and helpful with a lot of friends. One song I listen to when I start thinking of my past is this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Bt4kHN5mI

Porcelain Doll by Megan McCauley
(03-04-2011, 04:06 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I've lost many many friends from suicidal experiences. I know what you are going through and anyone else who has lost friends like this as well. It's really a tough time when it comes to losing friends and family. I've been to four funerals this year and really I lost count at 20 funerals last year. But losing people is a hard experience.

I've thought about what it would be to lose everyone you cared about and its not something I want or will ever want. That's why till this day, I help out anyone I can by sharing my experiences and talk them to daily to help them with there problems and anything that just really bothers them.

Porcelain Doll by Megan McCauleyOne thing I can say to anyone here who has lost someone close to them is release your emotions. It's strange but a very strong technique and seems successful and helpful with a lot of friends. One song I listen to when I start thinking of my past is this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Bt4kHN5mI
I'm sorry for all of your losses mate.
Thanks for posting, it's appreciated.

I'm not mentally damaged, though, I think.
It's a long time ago, and my mom explained it all fully, so I guess I'm alright.

If anyone wanna share their experiences, talk and stuff, post here or pm.
I'm always ready to talk, as I've experienced stuff like this myself, as I explained in the OP.

No I never had this experience. But damn... I imagine my mom trying to suicide.. Were you scared like the week after she tried that she tries again?
(03-04-2011, 04:32 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: [ -> ]No I never had this experience. But damn... I imagine my mom trying to suicide.. Were you scared like the week after she tried that she tries again?
Not at all, to be honest.
She had a convo with me and my sister, some days after the happening.
-She was in the hospital for like 3-4 days.
She had taken an overdose of (I don't know what they're called in English. Advils?).

She also went to a psychologist untill 2 months after.
She is completely find, got a new boyfriend now etc. Smile.
(03-04-2011, 04:06 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I've lost many many friends from suicidal experiences. I know what you are going through and anyone else who has lost friends like this as well. It's really a tough time when it comes to losing friends and family. I've been to four funerals this year and really I lost count at 20 funerals last year. But losing people is a hard experience.

One thing I can say to anyone here who has lost someone close to them is release your emotions. It's strange but a very strong technique and seems successful and helpful with a lot of friends. One song I listen to when I start thinking of my past is this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Bt4kHN5mI

Porcelain Doll by Megan McCauley

Strange... I posted this and it got posted as a Guest?
(03-05-2011, 06:35 PM)Subject13 Wrote: [ -> ]Strange... I posted this and it got posted as a Guest?
I know it's you now, then ;).
Thanks for noticing.
My physics teacher told us he had 2 guys in his class who hung themselves and the GF of one of them threw herself off a building but she lived.