Support Forums

Full Version: How do I get my dog to stop pissing everywhere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My dog is a daschound. And she has a bladder problem I think it's an exited pee.
Well she just pisses everywhere! I need to get her to piss on a paper mat that is for puppy training Ive had her for 2 years and she still pisses everywhere! Any suggestions?
Have you had her spaded? This calms dogs down a lot.
Take her to the Vet to have her evaluated? Who knows, she might not be able to control it, and might not even feel it.
(03-06-2011, 11:05 PM)Zaros™ Wrote: [ -> ]Take her to the Vet to have her evaluated? Who knows, she might not be able to control it, and might not even feel it.

I'd agree with this post.

But what exactly are you doing to help the training? You can't be inconsistent with it. You have to keep on letting her know that it's bad. Change your tone of voice in a way that lets her know you are mad at her. When they do something bad, and you keep that habit, they will know that they did something wrong because they pick up on things like that. You can also hit the dog on the top of his/her nose for most things that they do wrong. They don't like getting 'messy' so they'll tend to try and not walk through areas that they go to the bathroom in as well. So you can press her nose down in the area that she went to let her know that it's bad, and say the word "Bad" making sure that they are looking at you while you say it. You have to make eye contact, so what i've usually done is grab the dog under the mouth, and make sure that they are facing me while I lecture them for something that they did wrong.

Put her outside for a while as well if you have a backyard whenever they do something wrong.

I'd suggest that you try taking the time to notice their behavior as well. Just to see if you can notice what the normality is and what the abnormal behaviors are with your dog. When you notice something different, (usually they will sniff around from room to room, or become unpatient to stay in a specific area for a period of time) then put your dog outside immediately because she may need to go.

A big reminder for you is the word "Routine", and also "Habit". If you can get them into any sort of routine, it will be easier for them to follow your rules and expectations.
its really something thats taught at a young age
My dog used to do that. She would get excited and there would be a piss trail from my bed to the door <_< We gave her away. Sorry can't really help. That was my solution though.
(03-06-2011, 11:55 PM)Syaxe Wrote: [ -> ]its really something thats taught at a young age

Not necessarily, it's just easier to train them at a younger age.
I know it sounds cruel but,put their nose in the place where they peed , they dont like the smell of their piss so they will think twice before pissing everywhere
Try training it to stop peeing everywhere!
(03-07-2011, 02:36 PM)Gregarious Wrote: [ -> ]Try training it to stop peeing everywhere!

That was a bit of an obvious statement, he wanted to know how you train it not to do that though, or how to help his dog with any problems it has
Pages: 1 2 3 4