Support Forums

Full Version: Why did I break up with the only girl I've ever loved!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had been seeing a lady for several months... she was a friend first and foremost, but we quickly became lovers. She is my best mate's cousin and things were going fantastically, we were compatible emotionally sexually and intellectually.

But one day a few weeks ago I just ended it... and I don't quite know why!

Now she won't take me back, but she still really wants to be "friends". I don't know if I can be friends with her, because now I realise how much I care for her! I don't know for sure if I've ever truly been "in love" with any of my previous girlfriends, but everything just seemed so right, and now I KNOW I love this woman!!!

I feel like such a fool, as she was perfect for me. I guess I'm just not used to things going so well... I have tried my absolute best to win her back and convince her that I made a HUGE mistake, but she says it's too late now.

What can I do to prove to this lady that she is the one for me?
Sounds like you really broke her heart. It also sounds like you both really loved each other, and if that's the case you two can still be together.
The way I see it, you breaking up with her happened very recently, so maybe give her some time, but show that you still wanna be with her. I doubt it's "too late" like she says it is. Maybe she convinced herself that it's too late because she feels hurt. That just means you have to try a bit harder to get her back.
Good luck.
Unfortunately, I would say that there really is no way to prove it to her unless you have the perfect idea for the situation right now. Depending on the person, the perfect thing could be impossible. If you go after her with the wrong thing, it could make her drift further away from taking you back.
Best advice I would say would be to accept it for now. If it was meant to be, after you give it some time, she would see that you really want to be with her. She would begin to see what it was meant to be. Try to hang in there.
You'll have to restart
Befriend her then ask her out a month or so later.
Move on. If you banged her already then you have succeeded in life. Get another girl and do her too and let her go. <3