Support Forums

Full Version: How Often Do you clean your Fish tank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello SF,
I have a question, How often do you guys clean your fish tanks? ( Manually with hand.)
I clean mine about every week or so.
Got 2 gold fish and a Betta. ( Separated of course )
A week is good. Have you named your fish?
I have 6 fish and I clean it every two weeks.

I wouldn't recommend you clean your tank that often, because you want algae to be sufficiently present. Cleaning it every week would result in less algae and more water.
(02-24-2011, 07:10 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]A week is good. Have you named your fish?
I have, One of the gold fish is named Goldy (Hes really fat lol) My other gold fish I named (Sparky) and for the Betta I just call it Betta lol.
I only ever cleaned mine once a month or so but I had a plecostamus so they kind of clean it for you.
(02-25-2011, 10:47 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]I only ever cleaned mine once a month or so but I had a plecostamus so they kind of clean it for you.
How many plecostamus for like a 15 gallon tank? Like 2 you think or what?
(02-25-2011, 11:26 AM)MrWiiwifi1 Wrote: [ -> ]How many plecostamus for like a 15 gallon tank? Like 2 you think or what?

Depends on the size, they can grow to be quite big, 10-12 inches long anyways. I would start with one.
I have a giant fish tank with fish that eats the crap that makes it dirty.
Plus it's packed out with some cleaning gear machine thing Tongue which cleans the tank by itself.
My dad then cleans it out once a month.
(02-25-2011, 02:22 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]I have a giant fish tank wish fish that eats the crap that makes it dirty.
Plus it's packed out with some cleaning gear machine thing Tongue which cleans the tank by itself.
My dad then cleans it out once a month.
Yes the machine cleans most things but I hate how gold fish make the tank so dirty.