Support Forums

Full Version: View Unanswered Posts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can appear as a tab next to "View New Posts" and was formerly included on Solidus' forum.

It is useful for replying to new members in Welcome Mat, for urgent questions in Virus Protection as good community practice.

Thoughts?
I like the Idea....
I rarely browse sections, mostly I just go to "View New Posts" and check how I can help.
It can and would be an usefull addition to the forums.
To be honest, I just think that it would clutter the navigation. It would be handy, but I probably wouldn't use it very much at all.

Although useful I think a "Your Posts" link should be implemented before that does.

While on topic, I think the "View Today's Posts" should be removed because it is almost identical to the "View New Posts" link.
I think "View Today's Posts" should be replaced with "View Unanswered Posts".
(02-24-2011, 04:13 PM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]I think "View Today's Posts" should be replaced with "View Unanswered Posts".

No, I use both view new posts when very active and view today's posts if I havn't been on in a couple of days.

Anyway I don't really have an opinion on whether to add view unanswered posts either way I'm happy. Smile
(02-24-2011, 04:13 PM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]I think "View Today's Posts" should be replaced with "View Unanswered Posts".

"Today's Posts" lists more pages, inclusive of new posts, so "New Posts" is probably replaceable.

At present, I flip through "Today's Posts" whenever I am looking for unanswered threads:

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=16423
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=16421 < Happens to staff too, sadface.

Earlier there were Welcome posts by new members, and a Virus Protection post by SehCure, which were unanswered.
Sounds Good, But I really don't understand "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts"...

This would be good for virus protection, I agree.
Ooo can't get rid of "New Posts"! I use that literally all the time. It's the main way I browse this forum.

I only ever check "Today's Posts", when "New Posts" doesn't bring up any results.

I think their will always be threads that are unanswered. That's just how it is. You will see that the thread has views, so it's not like people can't find the thread. They may just not feel like they can help, or comment.

I know I saw that post by SehCure before this was suggested. I didn't have an answer to the thread, so I didn't post. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Anyway what I'm trying to say basically is that I don't think it's needed and I don't think a huge amount of people will use it.

Just my opinion though!

No, that wouldn't be as good, that means all of the answered posts from unanswered would be moved to todays posts, but it wouldn't be in the list. Unanswered was a suggestion that I mentioned on another forum as well. I know i've seen it on PhpBB before, but not too many MyBB forums...

It would be good though I believe, because usually some of the unanswered posts get bumped to the bottom of the list in todays posts because of the more active threads in that search. Having a link to unanswered posts would encourage people to post more threads because more of them would have a post count greater than 0. I know i've taken the time to post out a nice long detailed thread, and it gets lost in the search pages because of more popular threads.
Pages: 1 2