Support Forums

Full Version: How do I teach my dog to open doors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to teach my dog to open doors by biting on a glove that is tied to the doorknob with a string and pulling the door open. But I don't know how to go about teaching him.

He is a 100% dachshund
Try to act like a dog and see what he does.
Put it near his mouth and get him to bite it, then pull on it. Once the door opens give him praise and a treat.
Try this,
Go with your dog in room with door,close the door,exit from the room and close door,im pretty sure he'll try to open the door,if he fail to open it,try that 10x times so he can see and learn how you open the door.
Get him to bite then give him a treat and keep doing that till he knows.
Don't do that dude! He will break the door of toilet and see you shitting! Just joking, check in Google and especially in ask.com or Yahoo Answers...
(02-22-2011, 09:28 PM)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Put it near his mouth and get him to bite it, then pull on it. Once the door opens give him praise and a treat.

This is probably the serious closest answer in this thread. Follow up with this information, and you'll be sure to get your dog opening doors in no time.
I have never seen a dog open a door, I have seen cats doing that kind of stuff but never dogs.
(02-22-2011, 09:28 PM)Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Put it near his mouth and get him to bite it, then pull on it. Once the door opens give him praise and a treat.

I think this one is the most logical answer.
LOL ! it's so funny. My dog can't open the door lol Sad
Pages: 1 2