Support Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Best Answer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this idea from community.mybb.com

Basically each post will have a button which will allow you to select it as the "Best Answer" as is featured on MyBB's forum.

Only difference being, all posts which are selected as the Best Answer, will be listed on a separate page.

The page will show the thread question, and then the best answer selected by the thread starter.

This will allow members to quickly find answers for any questions they may have, and will prevent the same questions from being posted over and over.

As this is a "Support Forum" I think it would be a great feature to add.

Although I don't think it would work for all sections, but for a lot of the more question based sections it could work quite nicely. For example, the Website Development, Forum Software Help, Web Server Support, PC Hardware Support, etc...

What do you guys think?
Is the same feature that sites like Tom's Hardware have implemented? Hopefully this doesn't make SF into a bastardized Yahoo! Answers.

If so, I think giving the OP the option of implementing this or not would make everything a lot cleaner.
Although this might be a good idea, I don't think this will be put into effect.

For this, would there be a deadline for the "best answer"? If it was chosen, couldn't someone just post a better one right after?

A great idea to praise quality answers, but poor for efficiency.
(02-18-2011, 05:41 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I got this idea from community.mybb.com

Basically each post will have a button which will allow you to select it as the "Best Answer" as is featured on MyBB's forum.

Only difference being, all posts which are selected as the Best Answer, will be listed on a separate page.

I like this idea, although listing a "Best Answer" page may not be necessary. With forum communities, repeat questions will always be posed, as forum growth is never linear.

(02-18-2011, 05:54 PM)Quinlan Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this doesn't make SF into a bastardized Yahoo! Answers.

It won't.

(02-18-2011, 07:11 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]For this, would there be a deadline for the "best answer"? If it was chosen, couldn't someone just post a better one right after?

The assessment is subjective, so personally it will not matter for me.
That would be friking awesome, love the idea. Lets see what Omniscient thinks about it.
I respect your idea but there would be no point of best answers because no one is going to read them before making a thread. Generally people just come here and post their problems. They don't really bother to read other threads.