Support Forums

Full Version: Police Support.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
From personal experience, I believe that your local police station is a good place to start, when seeking help for family, civil or criminal issues.

Agree/disagree?
Disagree, police can't be there 24/7 to protect you, they're a reactionary force, they really can't prevent anything. This comes from personal exprience as well, in the end you're the only one you should rely on.
(02-17-2011, 02:57 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree, police can't be there 24/7 to protect you, they're a reactionary force, they really can't prevent anything. This comes from personal exprience as well, in the end you're the only one you should rely on.

I would disagree about that but I suppose it depends on the country and police you have.
(02-17-2011, 02:57 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Disagree, police can't be there 24/7 to protect you, they're a reactionary force, they really can't prevent anything. This comes from personal exprience as well, in the end you're the only one you should rely on.

Yeah they can't be a proactive defense against anything other then an active threat against your well being. If there are those, you should contact the law enforcement ASAP however.
(02-17-2011, 05:09 PM)Istandor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah they can't be a proactive defense against anything other then an active threat against your well being.

In many cases, they come to late.

That's why I believe in relying on myself. I also strongly support the Second Amendment (right to bear arms). It makes me mad when people are against ownership of guns. They say people are going to kill you. The truth is, if someone wants to kill you, they don't need a gun to do it.

I prefer to own a gun because I don't want to have to rely on someone else to defend me.

(02-17-2011, 05:14 PM)Jack- Wrote: [ -> ]I also strongly support the Second Amendment (right to bear arms). It makes me mad when people are against ownership of guns. They say people are going to kill you.

I'm strongly against that. It would cause much more murders without a doubt and I would feel less safe knowing many people had guns even if I had one.
(02-17-2011, 05:21 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]I'm strongly against that. It would cause much more murders without a doubt and I would feel less safe knowing many people had guns even if I had one.

It's still part of the constitution, and many people do own guns. In my opinion it's up there with rights like Freedom of Speech, Assembly, and Belief/Religion.
I disagree.

Police where I live are useless.
Well I live in the Uk and not many people have guns but police or security guards.
Apart from them the only people really allowed to have a working gun is retired police officers.
Even then they still have to go through a long process to be allowed.
Oh, I was assuming you lived in the United States. I guess it might be different over there, but I feel safer knowing that if I'm in danger I can protect myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6