Support Forums

Full Version: Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Yeah, I'm pretty messed up right now. I've been having problems getting over a girl for the last 2 years or so (when I say "problems" I mean I've been diagnosed with severe depression), I met a girl not too long ago who seems really nice, and I get on with her well. She's really happy all the time and I don't know why, but it rubs off on me, and I'm really happy when I talk to her.

Problem now: I feel exactly the same for her as I did for the other, but I don't want to, I don't think that she's good for me. I don't think she's ready for a serious relationship yet, when that's exactly what I want, sex and crap doesn't matter in the slightest.
Maybe, aside from a girlfriend, you should get a couple of friends too. No, not the fair-weather friends, the kind of people that aren't shallow, the ones that aren't in the friendship just for all the fun and games.
(02-02-2011, 03:58 AM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, aside from a girlfriend, you should get a couple of friends too. No, not the fair-weather friends, the kind of people that aren't shallow, the ones that aren't in the friendship just for all the fun and games.

exactly what I was going to say, a couple REAL friends could help you alot.
I understand where you are coming from. If in doubt, don't -- the fallout from a relationship has the potential to leave you quite vulnerable, given your situation. Try to create a new habit or hobby for yourself, which can provide you with some comfort to begin with. Once you feel self-reliant for some degree of contentment, you will be in a better place to invest your emotions in another person.

It has been getting better before this, but it's just strange for me. It's not like I'm anti-social either, but problems like this I wouldn't particularly share with people who know me personally.
I guess I'll just stick it out as friends for a while, talking to her makes me happy enough as it is Smile
(02-02-2011, 09:00 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I'll just stick it out as friends for a while, talking to her makes me happy enough as it is Smile

It sounds like nice company to look forward too. Persist with being happy!

(02-02-2011, 09:12 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like nice company to look forward too. Persist with being happy!

Hopefully, thank you (and everyone else who posted) Smile.