Support Forums

Full Version: We're having problems and shes turning to her ex for help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alright so basically I ended up meeting this girl in one of my classes. She is a cute girl but I never really started noticing until we ended up being in the same groups for class and started talking a bit more. She ended up liking me a lot and she ended up getting a group of people from my ethics class to hate me because they took what I said completely wrong and they thought I didn't like her. To end it all I confronted her about it and we decided to give this a chance. We have been going out for about a week and I've been pretty happy. Most of her family likes me. Lately, she has been just having an straight up attitude I don't like. She's been doubting me a lot and every time I bring that up she says it takes a lot to gain her trust. She won't tell me anything and she ends up talking to her ex about her problems and doubts saying she doesn't want to make the same mistakes.
I really want this relationship to work, but shes making it more complicated than it needs to be... A lot of this consists of her not telling me whats wrong, so ill be bothered and shell ask whats wrong with me when clearly the problem is her not telling me. I am one of those people that gets into relationships a lot and she still says at times she has her doubts about me and herself.
I want this to work. I wish things would. Any advice? I really don't know what to do anymore... Thanks SF!
I am not going to tell you that this will be over in a week or 2 this will take time to fix.

First off you need to sit down and talk to her. Next time you have a chance either go over to her place or have her come over yours. You need to share your how you feel about her and reassure her that you can be trusted. She may be a little weary at first because of your dating history.

When she has a problem tell her it's ok to come to you and talk about it.
This will build your trust in your relationship over time.
Yes, you do need to listen and talk to her and don't give an input on something unless she asks.
Some girls do like criticism or comments when they're not asking for it.

Slowly over time she will start to trust you, but you need to show it and she will stop going to her ex and start coming to you.

I wish the best of luck to both of you and hope I helped in some way. Thumbsup
ya like what above poster said, sit down and talk to her about it. It could help her gain trust with a long talk. And try not to overreact to her talking to her ex, that doesnt mean she's going to cheat on you.