Support Forums

Full Version: I'm scared to grow up...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm only fourteen and was just thinking...as soon as you are put into the real world...you're in debt.

College loans, house loans, car loans, etc. You're in debt as soon as you start. I may be very ignorant in the matter, but right now I'm thinking how scary it will be, and is for other people now, to grow up and live in the real world.

It is really making me want to try much harder in school so I have a better chance. Anyone have insight?
I am also fourteen dude... Chillax, thats somewhat normal to worry about that but I mean get a job when your 16/17 then raise some money, go to college, get a better job... University etc... Final job, I guess thats how it would work hahaha...
Hey, it's good that you realize this now. But if you remain conscious of the fact that you should continue saving, you'll be a lot better off. I'm in a similar position, but by saving/making a couple bucks a day, I could be saving up $1000's.
I'm 21 and I already feel old. Enjoy your age as long as you can.
I'm 28, but it gets easier from there, you find certain ways to deal with things, and once your out of that age range, where it usually means a lot of overwhelming responsibilities get put over your shoulders, then you start to figure things out for yourself.

Make plans, get your money to work for you, and the best advice which has already been mentioned, is to start saving now. My plan that I'd recommend to everyone, which almost guarantee's you to get out of debt sooner, is to save a certain percentage of everything you own, put it in the bank to collect interest over a period of time, and forget about it. Don't use that money for everything and pretend that you don't have it, which forces you to make other strategies to get money that you need, while you're still collecting off that 10% or whatever it is.

Financially well people don't make money by getting a good job, lol that isn't how it works, after taking and spending over $10 000 in financial seminars, i've grown to realise that. You never get rich by working for someone else. It's usually the self employed people that create their own business or industry. There's benefits to it as well. You can write things off as a business expense.

Of course i'm a lot older than any of you here, but you'll learn things Smile Just takes time.
Life falls into place. Do not worry you will be fine if you finish school and get a good degree.
(01-21-2011, 07:48 PM)Break Wrote: [ -> ]Life falls into place. Do not worry you will be fine if you finish school and get a good degree.

Very simple answer, but you also still have yet to reach that age of responsibility. Technically, although it isn't recommended, you would be fine even if you didn't get a good degree, if you know how to manage money and get things to work, you could be richer than someone with a higher income.

It ISN'T always about getting a good job. His concern was about money. The only solution is learning how to manage it.

Even Einstein wasn't rich because he didn't know how to manage money that well. And didn't understand the value of things as much as he could have.

Example: If you are an Engineer, but you don't know how to manage money, you can still be poor, and go broke. Simple as that.
I'm also worried because I get $20 a week for lunch money and it is usually gone by Wednesday. Money management isn't my thing Sad
(01-21-2011, 08:09 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also worried because I get $20 a week for lunch money and it is usually gone by Wednesday. Money management isn't my thing Sad

That's the main reason most people are in debt, it's not because they don't have good enough jobs. It's falsely advertised that way. It's because they don't know how to manage it. Lots of people go out and buy doughnuts everyday or treat themselves with things that they don't need way too often. Learn to get the things that you do need, at the cheapest prices, while still maintaining the same quality, and you're set.

Review my first post in this thread for a way to help you out with money management. I never even got an allotted amount of money for lunches like you did. 10% of 20$ is 2$. Save that every week. 2x52 weeks in a year, you're already over 100$. without even having to work. Thats why i'm saying save 10% of all your income, and earnings. It's not hard to make a lot out of it.

Most people don't get that it adds up though.
Exactly,
Im 13 and very afraid what will be the outcome if I dont have the right amount of money to sustain in life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8