Support Forums

Full Version: my husband is at bootcamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bamorehart

my husband shipped out for boot camp yesterday afternoon, and i feel so alone. we found out about a month ago that we have a baby on the way, and it makes it that much harder on me..
When will he be back?

Its hard with him being away but you have to be strong. He will also feel to be blame because he won't be able to take care of you both. You have him and you have his baby as well.
Why did he go to bootcamp if he knew that you both had a baby on the way?
(01-19-2011, 09:13 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Why did he go to bootcamp if he knew that you both had a baby on the way?

Well it's not like you have a choice or.....here let me explain it to you.
When you enlist in the US military you go to MEPS; this is the place where you are sworn in and bound by a contract that within 12 months of swearing in you have to leave for bootcamp or basic.
During this time you are in DEP(Delayed Entry Program); this is when you have to meet with your recruiter every couple of weeks just to check in.

My thought is that he either wanted to leave to basic and get it over with so he wouldn't be away while you were having your child, or his 12 months were up and he couldn't delay it any longer.

What branch did he go into if you don't mind me asking?

(01-19-2011, 09:04 PM)Hollow™ Wrote: [ -> ]When will he be back?
Marines: 13 weeks
Navy: 9 weeks
Army:10.5 weeks
Air Force: 9 weeks

Just depends in what branch he went to.

bamorehart I know it will be hard for you the next 9 months. I had a couple friends that shipped out to basic; one which was in your specific situation.While they were gone they asked me to keep their girlfriends company.
The first 2 weeks will be hard, but hopefully your friends will give you some support.
If he doesn't have to go to the middle east then he will most likely be home for the delivery of the baby Oui .
You just need to stay strong

he's actually away at coast guard bootcamp, and his ship date was already set when we found out we were having the baby. his recruiter told him he could change the date, but we both decided he should get it out of the way as early as possible so he can be there when i'm feeling the baby kicking and having the baby.. he'll graduate in the middle of march. it just seems so far off right now, and i feel like i am not going to make it through. my hormones are just out of control, and that really doesn't help with missing him. the best thing about him being a coastie is that i wont need to worry about him being sent out of the country, and i can move with him. so, unless we have a national crisis before august, he should be there for the birth of our first Smile
(01-19-2011, 10:14 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]he's actually away at coast guard bootcamp, and his ship date was already set when we found out we were having the baby. his recruiter told him he could change the date, but we both decided he should get it out of the way as early as possible so he can be there when i'm feeling the baby kicking and having the baby.. he'll graduate in the middle of march. it just seems so far off right now, and i feel like i am not going to make it through. my hormones are just out of control, and that really doesn't help with missing him. the best thing about him being a coastie is that i wont need to worry about him being sent out of the country, and i can move with him. so, unless we have a national crisis before august, he should be there for the birth of our first Smile

Well I'm glad to hear I myself am going into the NAVY SEAL/s.
I may not look like it or seem strong, but in a way I would love to prove to people what I am capable of.

Just take it one week at a time, and with the support of friends and family it won't seem that long away.
By the way I would like to say congratulations, and hope your baby is born healthy Oui
Well if you both decided that, then its good as long as you both talked about it. Some people go to boot camp by choice, I was just wondering, it's not always forced on citizens.

You came here for emotional help to get you through it while he was away then? I don't really understand what the issue is, but I can understand where you might be feeling lonely.