Support Forums

Full Version: My Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I am going to do my best to make an extremely long story short.

I have this friend that I met over the Internet. We have known each other for about four years. He is a very depressed person. He has a very odd voice, and he gets made fun of a lot when we play games over Xbox LIVE. He is one of those people that has very little friends.

He has done some "illegal" stuff to me. Not sexually at all, though he has proposed a question. At the time of all this, I was about fourteen years old and he was nineteen. I was, by no means, ready or interested in anything like this.

When he asked me for sex, I immediately cut off communication with him. He got in touch with me through my friends (by offering to buy them stuff, like Microsoft Points and whatnot), and he said that he would leave me alone if I would talk to him one last time, so I did.

In the chat, he said he was going to commit suicide, as he had no reason to live. Obviously, being the naive thirteen year old I was, I wasn't about to let him do that, especially because I thought it was my fault. So, I befriended him again.

That was two years ago. Now, I am sixteen and he is in his twenties. Nothing has really changed with him, as far as his voice and his ability to meet new people and tolerate others. Of course, he cannot get a break, and I know that. I am his only real friend.

However, he had done a lot of bad stuff to me. One of many is hacking into and reading my email! I once viewed his computer over TeamViewer and found a whole folder of text files, where he's been documenting everything! My facebook statuses, my messages, my chats, everything!

So why have I stayed his friend? To tell the truth, only a low percentage (below 40%) is due to my pity for him. I provide him with friendship, and he sends me materialistic items in the mail, such as games and such.

I don't really know how I look at the situation. I think of myself as using him for the items that he can afford and I cannot, however I know that if I was to just turn my back on him I would be really sorry.

The last fight we had, and our most severe one yet, he threatened suicide. (Also, he doesn't threaten suicide every time, just once when we first became friends and one recently, which, as I said, was our most severe fight yet). I told him I didn't want him to commit suicide, but, in the event that he did, I would not be held responsible. He told me that his family would press charges on me.

I don't know what to do. I could be stranded in this relationship, where I feel bad that I use him, or I could just forget about him and risk getting put on trial for god-knows-what-reason! I don't know what to do.

Please help. If you need more of an explanation, I'd be happy to provide one. Unsure
To be honest, I think he's happier with you using him. Although I find it slightly scary that he was reading your emails and he documented them. You should probably talk to this guy, since a homosexual male stalking you might not be the safest thing on earth. Especially if he knows your address. I don't think you should give him your address again. As far as using him, he hasn't complained? If you feel like you are using him too much and you feel really guilty then just tell him to stop sending you stuff for awhile. I don't think he'd commit suicide though.
I highly doubt he is willing to give up his life and if so contact a local authority.
He probably needs help with emotional support.
Contact someone that is in a friendly relationship with him and explain your situation.
(01-18-2011, 08:32 PM)Tyler8746 Wrote: [ -> ]Contact someone that is in a friendly relationship with him and explain your situation.

I am the only one. Sleep