Support Forums

Full Version: General discussion areas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you believe that a general discussion area/off topic forum should add to your post count at a forum?

To be honest, I don't really mind as I'm not overly bothered by post count, but it is good to see your post count going up when you make the effort to post... With this one, I think it's up to the sort of person. Normally, big forums disable post count in the off topic forum, unless they're a general discussion forum... However, I wouldn't do it.

I believe that a post is a post, whether it be off topic or not. Normally I even let posts in the forum games section add to my users' post counts. Smile
I disable it. If people want to be post whores and bring up their number, I'd rather they do it in the on topic boards.
I keep it enabled unless it becomes a big issue.
I believe it should be enabled. As long as the forum doesn't become centered around it, you should be fine. It also depends if the site is very judgemental of post count. (Meaning you're treated differently if you have more/less posts.)
No, I mean I could make a thread and spam my posts around but it doesn't make quality content
I tend to normally leave that option on since most of the time it does not effect that much, I only really disable for spam/forum games since they are mostly involved with spam and it'll be unfair for increase there post count.
I think general discussion should count towards your posts, and there should be a subforum for forum games that is disabled.
(06-03-2011, 05:23 PM)EaGLeZ Wrote: [ -> ]I think general discussion should count towards your posts, and there should be a subforum for forum games that is disabled.

Exactly this. It's what I do on gfxf.
I'd enable it because a lot of members stay active to see their post count rise and a lot of the active topics are in the General Discussion.
(06-03-2011, 05:23 PM)EaGLeZ Wrote: [ -> ]I think general discussion should count towards your posts, and there should be a subforum for forum games that is disabled.

That's what it's like on RHQ. Works pretty well. If you aren't into forum games and stuff then at least you don't need to.
Pages: 1 2