Support Forums

Full Version: Rep abuse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Of course, SF isn't like HF, and nobody here goes mad about rep and start crying about it... But does SF have any official policies regarding rep, or is it just the usual "don't ask for rep" rule?

Just wondering. Smile
I dont think you can - rep here.
Well you could not last time i checked anyway.
I guess you could ask for rep. But im pretty sure you wont get it here by asking for it.
Rather earning it.
(01-14-2011, 10:31 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think you can - rep here.
Well you could not last time i checked anyway.
I guess you could ask for rep. But im pretty sure you wont get it here by asking for it.
Rather earning it.

Yes, I don't think you can -rep as I've never seen someone being -repped. I was just wondering if there were any official policies regarding the reputation system. Thanks for your answer! Smile
I was browsing some members and I notice I don't really see -rep anywhere. I tried repping and it says I have to have 100 post to rep. Maybe SF is trying to avoid rep abuse by using -reps.
(01-15-2011, 12:48 AM)Hollow™ Wrote: [ -> ]I was browsing some members and I notice I don't really see -rep anywhere. I tried repping and it says I have to have 100 post to rep. Maybe SF is trying to avoid rep abuse by using -reps.

-reps aren't here. That's been established. Only + and neutral rep can be given. And yes, 100 posts is required to give + or neutral rep.
Only admins and mods can -rep now.
There used to be -rep and there was a hude discussion about it and it got removed even though I was in support of -rep.
I still think members with over 500 posts should be able to -rep. Big Grin
As rules concerning rep all there is, is "Reputations should not be abused. Don't use them to flame members. 100 posts are required to give rep.".
Eh dk bout this one. i love your username! ahaha
Well atleast SF isn't full of people whining about rep, not many here actually "care" about their rep, thats what I like about this forum, no rage.
The correct answer is you cannot give - reps here. Asking for rep isn't an official rule but is frowned upon by many.
(01-15-2011, 12:58 PM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]The correct answer is you cannot give - reps here. Asking for rep isn't an official rule but is frowned upon by many.
This.
Many people frown upon asking for reputation.

Pages: 1 2 3