Support Forums

Full Version: Calculus FFFFFFUUUUUUUU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Calculus makes me rage. Especially Ap Calculus.

I need help with these optimization problems please. If any of you could be a tutor for me for free I'd really appreciate that! Thanks in advance!

1. Closing off the First Quadrant.
You are planning to close a corner of the first quadrant with a line segment 20 units long running from (a,0) to (0,b). Show that the area of the triangle enclosed by the segment is largest when a=b.

2. Designing a Tank.
Your iron works has contracted to design and build a 500-ft³, square-based, open-top, rectangular steel holding tank for a paper company. The tank is to be made by welding thin stainless steel plates together along their edges. As the production engineer your job is to find dimensions for the base and height that will make the tank weight as little as possible.

a) What dimensions do you tell the shop to use?

3. Designing a Poster.
You are designing a rectangular poster to contain 50 in² of printing with a 4-in. margin at the top and bottom and a 2 in. margin at each side. What overall dimensions will minimize the amount of paper used?
I took AP Calc, but i don't remember doing any problems similar to this.