Support Forums

Full Version: Changing Highschools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Crybaby

Hi,

Well, I am currently going to a private school, however my dad can't afford it anymore so I am moving to a public school, I have no problem with public schools, I've attended public schools already. My problem is, changing schools, I'm going to lose all my friends, and start over. I'm in Grade 10-11, not sure which they will put me in, anyways, would be people exclude me or make me feel comfortable? I'm really scared... :p

Would be nice to start over, and make myself more popular, but I'm not sure how.. Tongue
Well that sucks that they're taking you out when you're a junior. By then everyone in your class mostly knows you and stuff. Hope you adapt to your situation well

Crybaby

(01-05-2011, 01:22 PM)SleepyTroll Wrote: [ -> ]Well that sucks that they're taking you out when you're a junior. By then everyone in your class mostly knows you and stuff. Hope you adapt to your situation well

Lol, that makes me feel worse. Omg

Thanks though

You just need to be really social those first few weeks, crack jokes, hit on random girls, basically make a good first impression, or a very social one anyways. Then things should progress naturally from there, if you have a chance maybe throw a party or similar event once you have been there a bit, invite your whole class, it's little things like that that will get people to consider you as a person in their group/class and not "the new guy".
Well I changed school my senior year because of the school boundaries being changed or something like that. So I can relate to you, if you know at least one person at the school then your OK. If you don't then I would suggest being social and outgoing your first few days so people can actually know who you are. I wasn't lol and I still made friends but what I'm saying is, try to talk to someone who seems like you would get along and go from there.
That sort of sucks but don't stress it. Join a sports team or talk to people and make friends. People always like new people.
Where is it? What race are you? Are you cute/hot? Are you good with girls?

You need to make a good first impression. Get a girlfriend, talk to some "cool kids" and then you can weed them out and see which ones can be your real friends. Then you'll have your buddies, your girl, and a lot of acquaintances.
just be yourself and everything will be ok.you can try to keep in touch with your old friends and try to make new ones as well.
hope you will get along good.
Blackhat
~ven0m
I will tell you something I have observed in my school. When there's a new guy I try to talk to them few months later that school began, why? Because as they're meeting new people everyday they keep forgetting about the first ones. So I recommend you to not do that. I mean if you met someone the second day don't replace him for someone you met one month later, I know there will be better friends than others but don't forget them. Talk to them at least once everyday at least say hi. That's how I've gotten popular in my school.
(01-09-2011, 03:24 AM)Ruyuk Wrote: [ -> ]Lol American schools suck. Don't forget to buy your gay A & F clothes or some Hollister clothes to fit in.

Wow... I'm still amazed that you somehow know it's an American school.

Anyway, I moved from public to private school along with a lot of different people (~30 from many different schools), and I think the transition wasn't that bad. Most people only knew one or two other people, so it was awkward for everyone, and I moved during freshman year. I just took it slow and first joined some study groups and clubs to meet people. Try and do something really nice for a group of people like volunteer to make guides for tests or something. Try and get on a joking basis with a well-liked teacher. That stuff worked for me.
Pages: 1 2