Support Forums

Full Version: Money? Money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I am just going to be talking about some crap, most of it involves a lot of Money that is passing through my Hands, or at least will at some point...

So lets turn back the clock... 5 years ago, parents get divorced, now this is the "Final" part, they are actually divorcin. (It took them 2 years to do all the Legal things.) So after the Divorce my Mom talked with my about our "Financial Situation" Apparently my Dad had found loop holes, and didn't pay my Mom the agreed amount to pay the Bank, so we could own our home. I asked my Mom why he didn't, if it was because he couldn't afford it, or something else. She told me he could afford it, and very easily too. This was when I found out my Dad was very wealthy...

Come back to the present... My Dad is talking to us about his "Financial State" He won't disclose numbers at this time, but I already talked to my Mom, so I know a little bit... He told us that before they got divorced our Family's Company hadn't been paying out as much as it is now, and how is estate could be dwarfed out due to the stock. (Info: This stock cannot be sold, but it worth "A Lot") So in other words, his estate may be taken by the government, except for the stock, because the stock isn't sellable. So he is telling me and my brother we have trust funds with enough cash to basically live "Well" and how the Stock may dwarf our estates too. Right now the Stock is paying out "Very Well" better than ever in fact... so his estate, or at least the Money in his estate has almost doubled in these past 5 years, his solution to some of the problem, is he will give a lot of it away. But what I don't get... is how he doesn't pay the Money my Mom needs, but now, he is going to give a lot away to random funds/people... The last thing he closed with was... "You two will have a lot of Money, but live like you don't"

This may not make a lot of sense, or even matter, I don't know just wanted to tell someone... just kind of getting on my nerves how he is like this >_<
He basically has secured your future financially the way I see it. Maybe he didn't pay your mom because he knew she could keep the house on her own and were looking out for you guys instead.
(01-02-2011, 09:06 PM)SleepyTroll Wrote: [ -> ]He basically has secured your future financially the way I see it. Maybe he didn't pay your mom because he knew she could keep the house on her own and were looking out for you guys instead.
Yeah... makes sense, but then again, why not pay my Mom? She has no way near as much as he has >_< She works hours and hours a Day to keep the house ours... just don't like it
I don't see why he wouldn't pay your mom. Have you brought it up?

(01-02-2011, 09:23 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why he wouldn't pay your mom. Have you brought it up?

I see plenty of reasons why, if she came into the marriage poor, she should leave poor. Marriage is supposed to be for the love, she shouldn't gain anything financially when it ends.

(01-03-2011, 11:09 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I see plenty of reasons why, if she came into the marriage poor, she should leave poor. Marriage is supposed to be for the love, she shouldn't gain anything financially when it ends.
See that's where you're wrong, my Mom never entered poor, the entire time they were married, they were working so they could both retire together. My Mom never even knew about the amount of Money he had...
(01-05-2011, 01:31 PM)Sir Wrote: [ -> ]See that's where you're wrong, my Mom never entered poor, the entire time they were married, they were working so they could both retire together. My Mom never even knew about the amount of Money he had...

Well if your mom didn't enter poor she should be able to take care of the house. Your dad simply secured your financial future and did not put the money in the hands of someone he couldn't fully trust anymore.