Support Forums

Full Version: How do I..open up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really never show much emotion, I mean yea I'm happy and laugh and crap but never much more almost a blank feeling of life, black and white almost.
Do you have a bad childhood memory or anything? This tends to not "open up" and keep things to yourself so others don't criticize or make fun of you.
(01-01-2011, 10:05 PM)Death Trap™ Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a bad childhood memory or anything? This tends to not "open up" and keep things to yourself so others don't criticize or make fun of you.

My childhood was relatively calm, had a few relationships, friends with a decent amount of people, socialization as never a problem.

It's just I'm like 4 levels under docile.
I know what you mean man. Just keep ya head up and keep moving forward. You don't have to open up. Unless you need to and want to. Being self contained and independent is a good thing sometimes.
(01-01-2011, 10:22 PM)SleepyTroll Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean man. Just keep ya head up and keep moving forward. You don't have to open up. Unless you need to and want to. Being self contained and independent is a good thing sometimes.

I've been self contained since I was 9, it's going to kill me.
(01-01-2011, 10:07 PM)Carbon Wrote: [ -> ]My childhood was relatively calm, had a few relationships, friends with a decent amount of people, socialization as never a problem.

It's just I'm like 4 levels under docile.

Sounds like me. Sorta boring life huh? Nothing wrong with it. If you ever feel you have something bothering you, you should let it out so others can give you advice or help you out (to close family/friends/special person) Keeping it inside will eventually make you crack. Trust me i know. It feels good to let it out. Just know your not alone here.
You find someone to talk to. You know I'm always up for a good talk. When "opening up" it doesn't have to be awkward or anything, you don't have to call someone and be like "Hey man! I just had the shittyest day and life overall is questioning" All you really have to do is start a conversation with someone. Conversations flow the way they're supposed to. And it can lead to you talking about anything you want really. Depending on who you're talking to of course.
(01-01-2011, 10:25 PM)Pink Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]You find someone to talk to. You know I'm always up for a good talk. When "opening up" it doesn't have to be awkward or anything, you don't have to call someone and be like "Hey man! I just had the shittyest day and life overall is questioning" All you really have to do is start a conversation with someone. Conversations flow the way they're supposed to. And it can lead to you talking about anything you want really. Depending on who you're talking to of course.

That's it right there, I can't even do that with dykerosoft and we basically blow each other daily.

Just starting that conversation, I can't.
Yeah you can. You just did, possibly without even realizing it. I talk to dykerosoft every few days, and sometimes we have good conversations. To me, it's about being real, and honest. If you find you don't think you're capable of those things, just try talking about something that you don't talk about every day. From my experience, lots of people on HF will (to some degree) hide behind this sort of mask. They'll be themselves, sure. But to an extent. Part of them becomes like a character. You just make a choice whether or not you're always going to act on that character. I'm honest, and pretty much myself on HF/SF. The only thing I disclude is some of my immaturity. Simply because it is not necessary. You don't have to really take big steps to make small choices. They all add up.
(01-01-2011, 10:37 PM)Pink Floyd Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you can. You just did, possibly without even realizing it. I talk to dykerosoft every few days, and sometimes we have good conversations. To me, it's about being real, and honest. If you find you don't think you're capable of those things, just try talking about something that you don't talk about every day. From my experience, lots of people on HF will (to some degree) hide behind this sort of mask. They'll be themselves, sure. But to an extent. Part of them becomes like a character. You just make a choice whether or not you're always going to act on that character. I'm honest, and pretty much myself on HF/SF. The only thing I disclude is some of my immaturity. Simply because it is not necessary. You don't have to really take big steps to make small choices. They all add up.

I came here because I knew I would escape my "troll" stereotype and get some real replies.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2