Support Forums

Full Version: My Dads Awake After Tumor Removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My dad went into surgery because of a 12 inch tumor in his head but he has woken up now. He was in a coma for about a month after surgery. When he woke up he needed a trachea because he couldn't breath on his own. After about 2 weeks now they have removed the trachea. The only problem now is that he can't move half his body due to that he got a stroke during the surgery. He's going to therapy to try and move the other half of his body.
I doubt he will though. This only means now I'm going to be the dad and take care of him like he did for me 21 years straight. Hope everything works out in the end.

Thread before surgery-
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=10311
crap like this suckss...hope it works out<3
(12-31-2010, 11:15 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]crap like this suckss...hope it works out<3

Thanks. Just hope he still will be the same person like before.
i am also sorry to hear this i hope god does some magic for your new year and makes it all better
The best thing right now he is out of the coma. Have faith and support him through this time and pray he will pull through to be able to move the other half of his body. He should take it easy since he has a stroke.
Sorry to hear such bad news. Stay strong, and feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Good luck!
Think on the positive side : He's ok now,
Just be there when he needs it because we all know this is going to be hard for him.
Right now he's in therapy. Hope he can make some progress.
I'll update when anything new happens.
My uncle is paralyzed from the neck down because of a neck injury.
(01-20-2011, 05:55 PM)alfonzo1955 Wrote: [ -> ]My uncle is paralyzed from the neck down because of a neck injury.

Man I feel sad for your uncle. My dad is only paralyzed on his whole left side of his body and I felt so sad for him and your uncle is fully paralyzed.
Give your uncle my best wishes.
Pages: 1 2