Support Forums

Full Version: How woud everyone react?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please avoid reading if are very depressed/sensitive at the moment, as do not want to trigger any issues for other HFers.

was reading the troll bait on the 'friend killed himself today' topic,and have had a think about how people react to things like this,people thought he was a troll because he was concentrating on locations rather than emotions,it wasnt how had personaly judged the user to be possible troll bait.

this topic isnt about trolls as such,but how does everyone react when relatives/people they know 'die' or from own view; disapear forever [as daft as it sounds,this is how am able to understand what others see as 'death'].
-does anyone react more or less to when it happens to animals, and on the day it happens,woud any HFers find it possible to post messages on a forum,about it or use the forums in general?

due to being severely autistic,have got no attachment to people so will not feel anything if they disapear,even if it was parents-which sounds like a very nasty thing to say,but it isnt a mentality or choice,its empathy and difficulty discriminating people from other beings.
however,am able to understand the concept of sympathy,and particulary have this for people that can relate to or 'vulnerable' groups, like other residents have lived with,any communities [online] have been in for a while,children and babies,and disabled people in all forms.
but most of all,have got the biggest care for animals,and it does hurt to find them injured,or not there anymore,or having to get PTS,am still
affected by it happening to a pet cat that was took away by a car hit and run in early nineties.
a very good friend that had until a few years back was very special to self,we got her from the cats protection league along with her sister.
a few years ago she developed cancer,and had ended up taking her to the vets with dad and sisters boyfriend-then she was gone,ended up flipping into a rage and had to be restrained.
stupidly came online later on to get some support off friends,being the co admin there [a tv channels forum] and lets just say will never forgive self for how had reacted to a trolls sick joke and that was years ago.
I have a question. Why didn't you ever use "I" in your post? It kinda confuses me with no "I's".
(12-28-2010, 12:07 PM)SleepyTroll Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question. Why didn't you ever use "I" in your post? It kinda confuses me with no "I's".
SleepyTroll,
sorry about the confusion,tend to trigger that in a lot of people! Wacko its a difficulty with pronouns ['self words'] that struggle with [part of classic autism].
the nearest self words that can use,is 'am' or third person speech,which weirds people out even more,though it is what verbaly speak with.

I, though not autistic, have the same empathy problem.
When family members and friends die, which sadly has happened quite a few times, I feel nothing.
I go to funerals and dont feel sad, or happy, or anything really. Except kinda' bored.

As harsh as that seems.
(12-28-2010, 01:53 PM)SehCure Wrote: [ -> ]I, though not autistic, have the same empathy problem.
When family members and friends die, which sadly has happened quite a few times, I feel nothing.
I go to funerals and dont feel sad, or happy, or anything really. Except kinda' bored.

As harsh as that seems.
SehCure,
can completely relate with funerals!
is it that are able to sympathise,but not empathise?

society dictates how people shoud feel at funerals,but we are not robots and they are not our masters who can make us feel different by commands.
isnt it more disrespecting to try and control people into acting like them, than it is to let them be themselves and deal with it in their own way?

I also have autistic. Despite if it happens today, I might not feel anything at all. Maybe in the future I think about it, I might feel a sense of slight depression and a tear in my eye when sharing it with close individuals. Even though that feeling only last a few seconds, I don't feel anything after that. In a sense, even if a member was that close to you, they would probably wish you not to dwell in the misery and look up to them you will see them again and continue living your life. They would want you to see you excel. Make them proud.

Girls might tend to have more of that sympathy or empathy which their emotions magnifies it probably double or 10x if she is more closer to that particular member.