Support Forums

Full Version: I saved a life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Just the other day, I gave someone the greatest Christmas gift anyone could ever ask for; the gift of life. Here is a true story that involves a member that was rather determined to take his own life but had a change of heart for the better.

Just as I was about to go to sleep, I came across his thread.

Shocked, I PM'd him. He then replied the following to my PM.

The following is our MSN conversation which took place over the course of several hours throughout the night.

While I'm aware that patient-doctor confidentiality is a very important issue, I'll have you know that we have since become very good friends. He now looks back at this instance and laughs.

Helping him move on is the greatest feeling I have ever felt. I could not sleep that night for how happy I was.
Sometimes I need people like you.
I didn't read every word, but got most of it.
You should feel good.
(12-24-2010, 02:02 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I need people like you.

You specifically? Are you distressed or merely generalizing what's lacking in our society?
Yes, me. My issues won't be made public though.
Damn, good stuff bro. I have done that once before and it feels really good.
(12-24-2010, 02:07 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, me. My issues won't be made public though.

If you'd feel comfortable, I'd be willing to discuss it with you privately.
(12-24-2010, 01:51 PM)Solidify Wrote: [ -> ]Just the other day, I gave someone the greatest Christmas gift anyone could ever ask for; the gift of life. Here is a true story that involves a member that was rather determined to take his own life but had a change of heart for the better.

Just as I was about to go to sleep, I came across his thread.

Shocked, I PM'd him. He then replied the following to my PM.

The following is our MSN conversation which took place over the course of several hours throughout the night.

While I'm aware that patient-doctor confidentiality is a very important issue, I'll have you know that we have since become very good friends. He now looks back at this instance and laughs.

Helping him move on is the greatest feeling I have ever felt. I could not sleep that night for how happy I was.
thats awesome support Solidify! completely turned that situation around!
is he feeling better now?
are they not even able to afford a christmas dinner at least?
tbh,woud donate via paypal but am not even in control of it or there for a while [have got a power of attorney/appointee].

pity there isnt organisations in his area/america that offer donated gifts to underpriviledged/low wage/poor etc families at christmas as thats got to be realy hard on the kids and parents.

am sure something like that coud be set up in places,might look into doing something like this next christmas,never think about how bad it can get for others until its staring in the face.
That's really nice, you should feel very proud because people who create thread's on HF about committing suicide actually don't want to, they are just crying out for help, for somebody to speak to and because you was there, he will feel a lot better emotionally and mentally.

Goodjob. Smile
I read all of it ;) and i'm proud of you, well done man.
I want to shake your hand right now!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11