Support Forums

Full Version: Again, my christmas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
.. My christmas been always annoying for me .. I never get any proper presents or anything, it wouldn't really matter.
But just like every other year, my 4 years younger brother of mine, is getting twice as much stuff as I am.
This year, I got as much as 20 euro, few deodorants and one laser pointer (which was one crappy one worth of maybe 2 euro). While my brother got 50 euro, same kind of deodorants, airsoft weapons etc.

I mean, I'm 16 .. 20 euro is nothing for me especially because I earn some money of my own. It's just another nice holiday of mine Pinch

No need to be so materialistic, I dealt with the same stuff, my brother being 3 years younger than me, he was always the favorite good boy. It really isn't something you can change, you are old enough to work now so perhaps that's why.
Did you ask for anything?
(12-24-2010, 09:44 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]No need to be so materialistic, I dealt with the same stuff, my brother being 3 years younger than me, he was always the favorite good boy. It really isn't something you can change, you are old enough to work now so perhaps that's why.

No, it have been like this forever.

(12-24-2010, 09:46 AM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ask for anything?

I didn't ask much, but it would have been somewhat fair to give about even the same amount of stuff. What would you feel if your christmas would be like this:
You're at computer and your mom walks in to the room with having 20 euro bill on other hand and deodorant bottle in other and putting 'em up on your desk and saying "there's your christmas presents"
I think you should just be grateful. Many people get nothing for Christmas.
Dude, I'm moving for christmas. My christmas present? A nine hour plane ride. I'm 15. I'd like at least some money, but no.
You sound like an ungrateful brat.
Of course you brother will receive more, he's younger, that's how it works.
That's a bit harsh, Solidus. I'm not Christian, but I celebrate Christmas for the sake of my family and my young 7 year old sis. I believe that Christmas isn't about getting gifts; but spending time with family and friends and praising Jesus's Birthday. If you get 1 Euro or 100, it doesn't matter.
I'm speaking to the OP sp0rky assuming his family is not religious. For children in non-religious families, it is about gifts.
I don't think it's about gifts at all though, and I'm not religious either so Christmas for me is pointless.
(12-24-2010, 02:09 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm speaking to the OP sp0rky assuming his family is not religious. For children in non-religious families, it is about gifts.
I don't think it's about gifts at all though, and I'm not religious either so Christmas for me is pointless.

I am non-religious and view Christmas as more of a time off to spend with family/those who matter to you then anything about gifts etc., the gifts are almost an afterthought, icing on the cake I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3