Support Forums

Full Version: My dad.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I've never knew him. I've met him but I was too young to take it in for a memory.

But one day, I was talking to my mom on MSN, and she said "We need to talk about something." I said alright, and she wanted to come see me at my grandmas to tell me what is was.

After she has came over and got settled in (she's spending the next few nights here, then we're going home), she told me what happened. Basically my dad sent a card over to my grandma's house for Christmas with his contact information. She asked me if I wanted to talk to him, I said no because I didn't honestly care about him.

What do you think I should do? Please no dumb comments.
I have personally gone through this - pretty much exact same thing.
My parents split up when I was a year or so old, and then my dad moved to london and then we didnt hear of him for years, when he contacted my mum.
He sorted himself out and now runs a successful mid-sized accountancy firm, which is impressive.
I met up with him, and it was really awkward to start off with, but now I see him pretty much every weekend and it's fun.

The thing is, he's more like a older brother than a father now, 'cos he missed out on all the 'growing up' and we just mess around and have fun now.

I say go for it, and I hope this helps :\
(12-24-2010, 06:03 AM)SehCure Wrote: [ -> ]I have personally gone through this - pretty much exact same thing.
My parents split up when I was a year or so old, and then my dad moved to london and then we didnt hear of him for years, when he contacted my mum.
He sorted himself out and now runs a successful mid-sized accountancy firm, which is impressive.
I met up with him, and it was really awkward to start off with, but now I see him pretty much every weekend and it's fun.

The thing is, he's more like a older brother than a father now, 'cos he missed out on all the 'growing up' and we just mess around and have fun now.

I say go for it, and I hope this helps :\

Thing is, I only have his number and I can't find a location on it. I don't honestly think I could go through with it seeing I've had much more problems in my life than this.

While he may have made a poor choice how ever long ago, are you really going to not talk to him and live without even meeting your father? I say give him a chance and see what happens, it's not like he could screw up your non existent relationship any more.
(12-24-2010, 08:22 AM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]While he may have made a poor choice how ever long ago, are you really going to not talk to him and live without even meeting your father? I say give him a chance and see what happens, it's not like he could screw up your non existent relationship any more.

He could leave again after a small bonding.

And I have no idea where he lives. He just gave his name (very common) and a number.
It's your choice, if you have to much on your plate save the number and call him later. But he may be looking for a second chance, and I see where your coming from that he may leave again but I say give him a chance when you aren't busy.
I think this is a perfect opportunity for you to experience a relationship that you never had with your father. You should contact him, maybe meet up. Then make an opinion of him and whether you want to keep seeing him.
Call him and ask him the simple question 'why?'.
Thats fudged up of you to do that to someone that probably want's a second chance to be there when he wasn't before. Why would you do that to your parent that want's to be there for you! Give him a call asap.
I've been trying to call him all day, no response. I give up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4