Support Forums

Full Version: End an Access Denied process
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, so I was browsing the web with Firefox when it stopped responding, so I tried to close it with task manager and it went throw to process of closing and finished normally, as far as I know, and the Window was still opened so I tried again and I got [Image: end_pr10.jpg] I clicked End Process and nothing so i went to processes, found the Firefox process, and attempted to end it and I got [Image: access10.jpg], What Do I Do? And, before you ask, I'm the sole Administrator, and have home basic Service pack 2.
Try restarting the computer?
without restarting the computer.
Obviously something went wrong..why is restarting not an option?
why restart my computer when their are not upgrades of any kind needing a restart and every other program is working properly.
CTRL-ALT-DEL and go to task manager. Find the exe and end task. That should work.
(12-23-2010, 09:22 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]CTRL-ALT-DEL and go to task manager. Find the exe and end task. That should work.

I'm pretty sure he did that, or I misread the OP.
I'm a she, and I did do that, and I'm staring to thing that Firefox is keeping my from opening some other program.
(12-23-2010, 10:34 PM)Aelita Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a she, and I did do that, and I'm staring to thing that Firefox is keeping my from opening some other program.

Sorry about that..but don't you think it would have been easier just to restart by now..? Tongue
no, sens it takes ten to fifteen to load the operating system, start up the security programs, and other start up program and because of one of my Anti-Virus Programs a Boot scan may be launched which, last time, took six to seven hours, I thing.
-----
Update
-----
I jest went to sound mixer to turn off a sound and I saw Firefox wasn't on their, and i was doing something with sound.
Pages: 1 2 3