Support Forums

Full Version: Holidays suck when you're alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Meh.

Last year I had my ex to spend the holidays with, and now I have nobody. x.x

I know the feeling, spent last years holidays alone. Not a joyous feeling... but you can live through it. Go out and walk around, listen to some music, run around.

It's called friends man, get some good ones and you're set for life, although true friends are hard to come by, they are out there.

I usually spend Christmas off skiing with friends instead of eating Christmas dinner with my family or grilfriends family, just the way I am.
Yea I agree with the guests, go get some bro's to bro out with you.
It does suck man, just get some friends like they've stated above and go out somewhere
You have my empathy, been there a few times, it is not the best situation to be in, too many things to remind one of what is missing.

Try and make the most of it though, you avoid the classic Christmas family row. With what you can afford spoil yourself a little, rent or buy some new films, get your favorite tipple(s) in, some easy to make food that you love. Your favorite brand of smokes or what ever. Buy some skype credit and ring up or text everyone you can think of cheaply where ever they may be in the world.

Even if you do have good friends, on the odd occasion I have been in that situation, usually when working abroad, they have all been working triple time, so no friends available for Christmas, bros or no bros!

Alternatively, if you are well remunerated, get you glad rags on, get out and shake your booty. Christmas is a great time for meeting people, just remember to smile and pretend that Christmas on your own is exactly what you wanted... irresistible.

Try hanging with any friends etc you know/have over the holidays?
Are you living alone or with your family?
If you are all alone why not visit your family for the holidays, since you don't have a significant other at the moment?
Either way I feel you the Holidays can be depressing in many different ways.
Well, maybe next year will be better.
It's happened to me before. I just kept myself occupied.

I got a job at McDonalds, I got a fairly good wage (Australia) and I met a lot of different people. Now a lot of them are close friends.

Try something like that. A job keeps you occupied, gives you money and helps you get new friends.
Pages: 1 2 3