Support Forums

Full Version: Need Geometry HW help. PLEASE!! (9th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you guys please help me answer these questions? My teacher actually grades them like a quiz, so please help!

1) Choose two points that have a slope between them that is perpendicular to the line with points (0,-4) and (3,-10).

2) Choose two points that have the same midpoint as the points (-1,2) and (5,-4)

3) Start with a piece of paper. Cut it into 5 pieces. Take any one of the pieces and cut it into 5 pieces. Then, take any of those pieces and cut it into 5 pieces. Derive a rule for the number of pieces you have after the nth time you repeat the cutting process.

4) What geometric figure is bounded by the lines 3x + 4y = 6 , 4x - 3y = 18, the x-axis, and the y-axis.

5) The length of a photo is 1cm less than twice the width. The area is 28cm2 (squared). Find the range of values for z, the length of the third side.

6) The lengths of two sides of a triangle are 6ft and 13ft. Write an inequality to represent the range of values for z, the length of the third side.

7) One side of a square has coordinates (1,2) and (-3,5). Write two points that could represent the other coordinates for the vertices of the square.

Even if you can help with one or two problems I would appreciate it a ton... PLEASE
most of these are fairly easy il help in a couple of hours when I get home =)
The main thing to do here is use point-slope form to make the line, and you'll need the slope, and 2 coordinate points. The slope can be found from a slope intercept equation, where it is M. It can be found from slope formula, and it can be found as the negative reciprical to a perpindicular line and the same as a parallel line. The 2 coordinate points are usually quite obvious.