Support Forums

Full Version: An Original Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wondering about starting a php project from SF that's original and released under the GPL license. Anyone have any suggestions for the work? We would incorporate some libraries of course like classes, ezsql (mysql class) or prototype (javascript).

I don't want to do anything that's overly done. If possible a simple project to start off with.

So...any ideas?
That's nice, I have some ideas...
Image Gallery with Ajax Slide shows.
Chat system
HTML Class which allows fast development of html coding

well that are only few and are meant for average user to download and use.

But do you also look for helpers or is this only you project.
Image Gallery is overdone and it's imho a tougher project to keep secure. It's a major undertaking. I'd like to start with something smaller.
(10-13-2009, 07:43 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Image Gallery is overdone and it's imho a tougher project to keep secure. It's a major undertaking. I'd like to start with something smaller.

Then I would say HTML one, a php class that with few lines of code allows you to generate valid (x)HTML code for webdesign and website.
Sounds like a good idea but I dont think I could help my knowledge of php is some what lacking.
Do you mean a wysiwyg Ninjageek?

And maybe you can give me a better example. I think I understand what your saying but that's not really a great project imho. It's interesting but application for use would be small and still complex.
(10-13-2009, 08:45 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean a wysiwyg Ninjageek?

And maybe you can give me a better example. I think I understand what your saying but that's not really a great project imho. It's interesting but application for use would be small and still complex.

No not a application, just a simple single class file (like jQuery) then for example
PHP Code:
require "html.php"

$html = new HTML;

print 
$html->header("Title""style""script", ...);
print 
$html->divider("Content""ID", ...); 

It would be used to short time used to write valid html codes for use within a php project
The above script would then be like
PHP Code:
print <<<HTML
<html>
<head><title>Title</title>
</head>
HTML; 

Well it's just my tought
Or perhap's, since you have a lot of experience with forums, your own forum software?
I already stated I don't want to do forum software.

And I really don't want to do a class. I'd like to do something more complete.

Possible Ideas
===============
1. Paid Downloads Shopping Cart
2. CMS
3. Image Hosting
4. Amazon AWS
5. MyBB Designer Script (hmm..amazing idea)
6. Image Rating
7. Browser Based Game

So those are some ideas.
Can you tell more about MyBB Designer...?

And how would Image rating work, uploads on the same site or external links to rate.
And I'm working on a browser based game, so I could really help on this one.
Pages: 1 2