Support Forums

Full Version: Cat will not drink out of his own dish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well, I have a cat ( he's amazing, by the way Smile ,) but he barely ever drinks out of his dish.
He'll race me to the bathroom, and jump up on the sink, and meow to get me to turn the water on so he can drink, and he also drinks out of my dogs dish. I was wondering if there is any particular reason he may do this.
I've tried switching his dish, by the way.
He must not like it's own bowl XD
If he has any siamese what so ever in him I would say it's because of that.. Any mixed breed cat that I've had that has siamese in it did this.. As long as he's getting good water intake it's okay Smile
Maybe he likes where the bowl is at.
Take him to the doctor for a checkup.
Yeah, he's Siamese. Only type of cat I've ever had. They're so majestic looking Smile
dont turn the sink on. If he gets thirsty enough he`ll go to the only other source he knows, his bowl.
(12-12-2010, 04:49 PM)Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]dont turn the sink on. If he gets thirsty enough he`ll go to the only other source he knows, his bowl.

But his meows are so nerve-rattling Sad They're not sad or pained, just a normal-ish meow. =3
Keep letting it drink from the tap as you dont want to dehydrate it.
Move the bowel around the house see if he will drink it then.
Maybe he's just fussy.
Its nothing to worry about though aslong as hes drinking.
My cat did this also. We eventually just let him drink out of the dogs dish. That is my reccomendation for you. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5