Support Forums

Full Version: [Feedback] Perhaps we should be more harsh on people who leech without giving credit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I realise I'm not a moderator or anything, but here's my two cents, based off of what I've seen. It seems that if someone blatantly leeches guides / tutorials without giving credit repeatedly, they just get a slap on the wrist. Perhaps a mod will edit the original topic, putting in the credits that the OP should have done. It really angers me to see such lax punishment be given, because I know if someone leeched a guide that I wrote, I'd be super angry. There's one particular user in mind who has posted about 5-6 leeched posts without giving credits, and from what I can see, nothing has happened to him except his posts were edited, and he perhaps was given a warning. I don't see why he, or anyone, would continue such unethical behavior after the FIRST incident. It just really angers me when I see people getting away with stealing content from experienced authors and getting the glory for it here.
Yea I think it's important, I am sharing tut from people to other forums, but I always give the source and everyone should do the same.
Yeah there should be better punishment, but.
I for example have been reading many tutorials and was learning from them... and if I write one I will write it how I've learned which may give you the feeling of an leeched tutorialbecause of the word selection....
So what I'm about to say is you can only punish the exact copy of an tutorial.... Some may write a tutorial with few leeched like codes or words, but that happens because they've learned to express it that way.
(10-13-2009, 04:03 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I realise I'm not a moderator or anything, but here's my two cents, based off of what I've seen. It seems that if someone blatantly leeches guides / tutorials without giving credit repeatedly, they just get a slap on the wrist. Perhaps a mod will edit the original topic, putting in the credits that the OP should have done. It really angers me to see such lax punishment be given, because I know if someone leeched a guide that I wrote, I'd be super angry. There's one particular user in mind who has posted about 5-6 leeched posts without giving credits, and from what I can see, nothing has happened to him except his posts were edited, and he perhaps was given a warning. I don't see why he, or anyone, would continue such unethical behavior after the FIRST incident. It just really angers me when I see people getting away with stealing content from experienced authors and getting the glory for it here.

I think you should stop riding, nd stop abusing the rep system. you gave me a -1 for this?

not grateful to those who assist him, flames too often, and leeched
tutorials.

you have no proof of this, and i put credits in my tutorials

and 3 TUTs were not mine, get your facts straight i know your talking about me
(10-13-2009, 04:47 PM)HuNt3R Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should stop riding, nd stop abusing the rep system. you gave me a -1 for this?

tutorials.

IMO anything other than

"I did not write this, It was written by X for www.C.com. I take no credit for this post

At the very top should result in a permanent ban.
Quote:I think you should stop riding, nd stop abusing the rep system. you gave me a -1 for this?

tutorials.

Abusing the rep system?
Here're the reasons for my -rep.
-Not grateful to those assist him: MreGSX doesn't even like you, yet he helped you when you had a question you could have easily found out via Google. You asked it via PM, then -'d him for no reason 5 minutes later.
-Flames too often: I'm sorry if you cannot come to grips with the fact that you act like you're 12. I honestly believed that's how old you were, before I looked at your profile. 2 people besides me have -'d you for flaming; is it a coincidence? I think not.
-Leeched tutorials: I'm not going to go through your threads and list them; there're too many. But, you obviously realise they exist. You're sixteen; you should've learnt about plagiarism by now.

No proof? It's called Google, BRO.

PS: What's ironic is, this wasn't even about you. The individual I was talking about in my original post was Explore_System or whatever his name is. Guilty conscience?
(10-13-2009, 05:30 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Abusing the rep system?
Here're the reasons for my -rep.
-Not grateful to those assist him: MreGSX doesn't even like you, yet he helped you when you had a question you could have easily found out via Google. You asked it via PM, then -'d him for no reason 5 minutes later.
-Flames too often: I'm sorry if you cannot come to grips with the fact that you act like you're 12. I honestly believed that's how old you were, before I looked at your profile. 2 people besides me have -'d you for flaming; is it a coincidence? I think not.
-Leeched tutorials: I'm not going to go through your threads and list them; there're too many. But, you obviously realise they exist. You're sixteen; you should've learnt about plagiarism by now.

No proof? It's called Google, BRO.

PS: What's ironic is, this wasn't even about you. The individual I was talking about in my original post was Explore_System or whatever his name is. Guilty conscience?

actually 13, and it shows me how much of a no life you are for gathering all this info and using it
Quote:actually 13, and it shows me how much of a no life you are for gathering all this info and using it

Okay, you have confirmed my suspicions. You are in an environment full of adults, or teens that act like adults. Try to mingle, okay?
OK guys, stop it. This is not a battleground for you two. Elektrisk, I agree with you on the leaching thing, I can't stand it when one of my programs or tutorials pops on on another site, and I always make sure the poster gets what's coming to them.

So lets keep this on topic OK? Leaching is a serious topic and lets not get this thread locked due to flaming.
Well I have a rule against leeching and we try to guide our members to follow the rules. We don't have a lot of options here. Sure we can ban every member that provides a tut without credit but will that help us? We can't just ban every member that breaks a rule. It's completely appropriate to given them warnings and notices about the rules of our forum. It provides them a chance to follow the rules instead of just closing their account.

If you see leeching please report it. We'll warn the member. Anyone that breaks rules repeatedly and knowingly will eventually be banned.
Pages: 1 2