Support Forums

Full Version: 3D TV or Projector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok, a discussion rather than me needing support on 3D entertainment in the home.
Would you rather purchase a very expensive 3D TV.. even the 40" versions are over £800 in the UK still.. and then you need active shutter glasses etc.. to watch the 3D.. so having friends round etc.. wouldn't be cheap!!

Or are there any TV's that don't require glasses.. or maybe the cheap glasses you get from the Cinema's??

OR would you purchase a 3D ready Projector (like me Acer X110) for around £350 which is ~90"+ on your wall.. and link it to your PC and hopefully use Nvidias 3D graphics card (like i have) and purchase the Nvidia 3D Glasses (like i did) costing £100+ for 1 pair!! ONLY to find my 3D DLP Projector is not F*****G supported!!!! ALTHOUGH it said on the Nvidia website that the Acer X110 is supported.. (printing error apparently, it should have said Acer X1110 i think, which is only £60 more expensive btw)

SO yes it would be great if it was supported.. and you can actually achieve a large screen 3D experience for under £700...

Anyway i had a little rant there im sorry, but which would you choose!!Confused
First thread i look at and i have something to relate:

I recently acquired a Acer H5360 Projector for £470, The screen was £102 (92" and you got mounting bracket for projector too)

So all worked out at £572, now i need to purchase a Optoma 3D-XL to allow 3D to work with my ps3, xbox and sky which is £250 but you also get a pair of 3D Glasses too which isnt a bad price. So roughly £822 for a 92" 720p 3D Screen

Much better than those TV's which can cost double or even triple for half the size or less
I prefer to use the 3D TV instead of the projector. The reason is that 3D TV project images appear blurred to the naked eye, is difficult to identify, but when you put in the appropriate three-dimensional glasses, the lenses filter will bring video, and analog stereo vision, depth perception.
3d tvs causes you headache if you watch them for many hours and i dont like the idea of watching tv wearing glasses
i prefer the projector
I would rather get the 3d tv.
I'd go for the projector. 3DTV's are still relatively new, and causes headaches.
I would go for the 3d TV it would pay off more in the future and you wouldn't have to pay for expensive glasses for your friends.
If u really want the best 3D experience u'll have to go with the shutter glasses.
There are TV's out there which don't require glasses, but you'll never get the same result as u do WITH the glasses.

As for the projector, i wouldn't really know.

But then again, i'd say u don't buy any of it now. The only thing u'll be able to watch are movies, which u even need a device for that can play 3D (sony's PS3 ftw?). There aren't even TV-channels broadcasting in 3D yet so yeah.

Anyways, I personally would go for the 3D TV WITH glasses, tested it in the movie theaters and it was sublime !
A tv in the next couple of years is suppose to feature a 3d version all around with no glasses.
(12-15-2010, 06:14 AM)carbojacob Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer to use the 3D TV instead of the projector. The reason is that 3D TV project images appear blurred to the naked eye, is difficult to identify, but when you put in the appropriate three-dimensional glasses, the lenses filter will bring video, and analog stereo vision, depth perception.

Hello guys....!
Thank you for you generosity! At this forum, you share us so important message.I like this kind of post which tell us much important massage.thank you again.
mlm lead system pro
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6