Support Forums

Full Version: Nothing interests me anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Over the past few weeks or even months, I have found myself to be extremely demotivated. I can no take up a hobby without be getting bored of it 2/3 days later. I am always bored as fudge and nothing seems to make me feel better, what should I do?
You need to find something that interests you more than the other things. When you start doing that thing more often, it can help motivate you to do other things. I found my main interest in building computers and working with them. There has to be something out there to keep you going at it... You just need to find it.
Few questions:
Do you stay home a lot or do you spend time with people more?
Are you a relatively smart person?
Finally, around what age are you? It might be that you are changing and some other things are going to appeal to you more than others...
(11-29-2010, 02:18 PM)Zeon Wrote: [ -> ]Over the past few weeks or even months, I have found myself to be extremely demotivated. I can no take up a hobby without be getting bored of it 2/3 days later. I am always bored as fudge and nothing seems to make me feel better, what should I do?

It seems you may have A.D.D?
I would tell your parents that you have a slight concern, you would like to talk about, and I honestly think its because either
1. You either can't keep focus on the hobby, or
2. You just get bored with things really easily.

I used to have this problem before I started coding, Its all about finding your place, everyone should enjoy what they do, and thats why I'm in it for coding, I enjoy it, and I'm good at it, so I do it.

Good luck finding your place.
Personally, I'm really busy with school work. This does not interest me, however it keeps me busy. Honestly, for you, I would suggest doing some computer work to keep you busy. Also, I'd suggest that you play CoD: Black Ops. It's addicting, and I guarantee you'll get hooked onto it and want to prestige.
Just keep looking for something to do. Eventually you will find something. It might be something completely un-expected, so keep an open mind.

(11-29-2010, 03:29 PM)BigBadSoft Wrote: [ -> ]It seems you may have A.D.D?
I would tell your parents that you have a slight concern, you would like to talk about, and I honestly think its because either
1. You either can't keep focus on the hobby, or
2. You just get bored with things really easily.

I used to have this problem before I started coding, Its all about finding your place, everyone should enjoy what they do, and thats why I'm in it for coding, I enjoy it, and I'm good at it, so I do it.

Good luck finding your place.

Just because he gets bored of things really easy doesn't mean he has A.D.D, If thing really don't intrest him well thats then his opinion about it. Personally, I'm that type of guy as well I get bored of things really quickly.

Well good luck, my interest after two years was coding but I agree with the above if you play video games such as Modern Warfare 2 and Call of duty Black Ops you will enjoy it as most video games are really addictive. I wish you luck finding your place!
(11-29-2010, 03:05 PM)iTz Realiity Wrote: [ -> ]You need to find something that interests you more than the other things. When you start doing that thing more often, it can help motivate you to do other things. I found my main interest in building computers and working with them. There has to be something out there to keep you going at it... You just need to find it.
Few questions:
Do you stay home a lot or do you spend time with people more?
Are you a relatively smart person?
Finally, around what age are you? It might be that you are changing and some other things are going to appeal to you more than others...

I stay at home most of the time as my parents are over protective and will not let me go out without them being with me. I suppose I am relatively smart; I get As and some Bs. I'm 14.

I doubt I have ADD, this has never happened to me before; it's more something that's been happening lately.
Me, you, both!

Its like games. I can't play a game more than a week because I get bored of it very fast! Bebe-pleure
Your parents are overprotective? So basically do they have to approve of your friends as well? You could always try to confront them and talk to them about it.... If anything, try to make some friends that they can trust so you can start going to hang out with them...
Find a better hobby. Look for somethign that you like but your friends also like to do with them. Everryone knows 1 is the lonliest number.
Pages: 1 2 3 4