Support Forums

Full Version: Random Image PHP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need to create a random image to use as a avatar for the forums i participate on. Does anyone know of a php script which will allow me to point to

http://www.gamersboards.com/mattsavatar/avatar.php
and get the random image

i already have a folder full of jpgs but id rather have it were it uses gifs, jpgs and pngs.

Thanks a bunch
MattG
If you know PHP at all it should be simple.

Put them all into an array and then use array_rand() to randomize it.
thats weird, i created it into a php file, like the following

[Image: rotate.php]

I tried to add it to the boards though but it says its invalid because its a php file, how would i get it as a signature like mattR's on mybb?
(11-20-2010, 01:39 PM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]thats weird, i created it into a php file, like the following

[Image: rotate.php]

I tried to add it to the boards though but it says its invalid because its a php file, how would i get it as a signature like mattR's on mybb?

Quick question, would you rather me just link you to a working sig rotator? Or do you want to have one for yourself?
no it works, but it wont setup for a avatar, if you can find one that uses /example.php/image.jpg that would be great, i've found some, but they don't work.

you know what ill do, ill rewrite it in htaccess

edit worked perfectly

dang now it does not rotate
(11-20-2010, 02:15 PM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]no it works, but it wont setup for a avatar, if you can find one that uses /example.php/image.jpg that would be great, i've found some, but they don't work.

you know what ill do, ill rewrite it in htaccess

edit worked perfectly

dang now it does not rotate

I've made one but it doesn't work with avatars either.

You can use this, not sure if it works for avatars.
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/
not going to work i need one that displays it on when access the php file, not redirects.
I sent you a PM, try that I am not sure if it'll work. It uses the array_rand function though.

The one I made doesn't work with avatars either.
Finally got one to work, Used MattR's which he shared with everyone, just didn't see.
(11-20-2010, 03:34 PM)MattG Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got one to work, Used MattR's which he shared with everyone, just didn't see.

Alright, did the one I sent you in a PM work at all?
Pages: 1 2