Support Forums

Full Version: Abusive family.. Anything I can do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

abchloe

I'm 16 all my family basically hates me. My mom is very lazy and doesn't get up until 5 in the after noon she blames it on being sick she makes huge messes, my sister and brother are both the same. My dad works alot and tries to hard for our family and he doesn't have time to cook or clean. So I cook him dinner and clean for him because he complains to me alot about it if I dont just me, not my mom or siblings. It stresses me out so much, He also complains about money for me so I try to buy everything myself. He has a nice job and goes out to lunch, breakfast and dinner everyday I told him I was hungry once and he told me its not his problem. I don't eat almost everyday because he will not but food for the house. My brother brings home food for my mom and sister.. I try to tell my mom she should be cooking but she gets mad and says she's sick. She's been saying that since I can remember but will never go to the doctor. If I ask my brother or sister to rinse there dish or something they scream at me and tell me im a control freak and says nobody likes me and so on usually until I cry sometimes my mom(if she's awake) joins them. I know I shouldn't cry but I'm very sensitive. I try really hard to get my family to work. I clean and cook dinners I try to make my parents go on dates, and I try really hard in school and work so I can help with money. But my mom and siblings say I'm just a old lady for doing all of this.. They wonder why I get crabby and yell at me about it. Just right now this girl on my sisters facebook posted a nasty comment about her and I stood up for my sister saying I think she's very pretty and I told the girl not to say stuff if its not true. My sister got very mad at me for "insulting" her friend and her and my brother and mom kept yelling at me and asking why I was so immature.. I told my mom to shut up and she grabbed my neck and told me she was gonna knock me out. I tried telling my dad bu he was on the phone with someone with work. When I told him and he confronted my mom about it they all said I was lying.. I can't take this anymore every singe day they bully me until I'm in tears ive gotten to the point where I dont even feel important anymore.. Is there anything I can do?

They wont let me move out with my boyfriend of a year. He's really the only one that keeps me from killing myself. He's the one that buys food for my house and the one that helps me clean the pig sty. But my family doesn't like him because I "care about him to much"

if it gets to be too much physical abuse you an always call the police or child services but thats for extreme cases but if your really going to kill yourself and if your boyfriend is the one providing most the time, then I think you should consider what I just said.
kill them and hide at a friends house ^
Dude.
I'd get out of that house.
Get a foster family.
If you are underage, I seriously suggest you call child services and tell them all about this, and if you are no longer underage, just move out, they can't really stop you. Threaten to call the police.
You should call the police and tell them everything, ask for a foster home, if your lucky they might put you with your boyfriends family.
It seems like your living a very hard life. Just listen, your 16 ! Your old enough to get a job and save money up for 2 years. After those two years had past you can maybe move out. Or you just stay at a siblings house ya know ? I know how this feel's. My mom is a recovering Addict on drugs.

Well I hope I helped.

Best Regards,

Christopher
I Agree with Jesus. you should try a job, and if your in school, try some after school activities. anything that keeps you away from home. i'm not saying leave home now, depending on your location you most likly cant, but a job would get you out of the house, get you some fresh air, and some money for food, and what ever else you may need. saving up for an appartment or something for when your old enough to move out might not be a bad idea. and remember, when you move out, you can cut, and keep what ever contacts you wish. i know it sounds harsh but it's true.
Your siblings and mom don't give a fudge, and seems like your dad doesn't either.
You do everything, they don't do crap, yet they don't let you move in with your boyfriend?
Do it anyways. No good in staying there.
If you're too afraid to call the police, then at the very least talk to your school counselor. If you tell your school counselor about your problems at home, they will help you. They'll most likely call child protective services or the police but don't be worried. What you are experiencing is not right and things need to change. -Carrol, Health Insurance Advisor
Pages: 1 2