Support Forums

Full Version: Can't cope, break up after 2 years.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hey.

I've had been with this girl for 2 years. We seen each other most days. We texted each other all the time. We have loads of memories together and been to loads of new places with each other. Yesterday, we split up because I text this other girl and she thought I liked her and she liked me, but this isn't the situation. We are just friends.

Now we have split up, and I can't cope with it. I don't have many friends cause like I said we use to just be together all the time.

I feel like something is missing and always feeling upset. :/
before this did you guys go up and down often? seems like a silly reason to break up, but i know how it can be im with my gf for over 1 year, and if we broke up, id feel the same way.. think either trying to get back with her, or having someone else there for you to help would be your best bet.

(11-12-2010, 06:50 PM)itmoney22 Wrote: [ -> ]before this did you guys go up and down often? seems like a silly reason to break up, but i know how it can be im with my gf for over 1 year, and if we broke up, id feel the same way.. think either trying to get back with her, or having someone else there for you to help would be your best bet.

Sometimes we did yeah, well she thinks something was going on but there definately wasn't. I love this girl but now she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I don't know what to do :/
I'm guessing from what I read she wanted (And don't take the harshly) But she wanted to break up for awhile and used that text as a 'get away'. It is an irrational reason to break up because I'm assuming that she wasn't too paranoid if you've been dating a year, if this isn't the case then she might just be paranoid of you and another girl. try explaining nothing was going on.
Talk to her, explain everything to her. She'll understand if you've been together for 2 years.
(11-12-2010, 08:24 PM)Extra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing from what I read she wanted (And don't take the harshly) But she wanted to break up for awhile and used that text as a 'get away'. It is an irrational reason to break up because I'm assuming that she wasn't too paranoid if you've been dating a year, if this isn't the case then she might just be paranoid of you and another girl. try explaining nothing was going on.

i actually believe that too, because i do the same thing: sometimes.

*not saying this is the case, just thinking an option, but you really need to sit down and talk with her and see what u can do to help. (:

@OP: "ask if she was you, what would you do?"
Hey man,

I am in exactly the same situation. She had a heart of gold and did a lot for me. I hate what I am doing but I know we don't make each other happy. Feel free to Drop me a PM.
Tell her it was a misunderstanding. If you're sincere and truly being honest she'll realize that you were telling the truth Smile
It pains me to read this. I have been with my girlfriend for almost two years now. So the thought of loosing her is, well, disgusting. Understand that you just broke up 3 days ago. So if she is gone for good, it will be very hard to cope. But think positive. You have been with this girl for two years! Open up to her and tell her what really happened. Girls can get really upset over small misunderstandings, and communication is KEY in a healthy relationship. If this girl really loves you, I'm very confident this isn't the end of your relationship.
Tell her the story, explain it to her.
Real friendship can withstand any fight.
Pages: 1 2