Support Forums

Full Version: My Dog's....going bald?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a chihuahua. He's 6 years old, turning 7 in July.
Ever since a few years ago, he's started loosing fur.

He doesn't scratch or bite himself excessively. We took him to the vet and apparently he has hypothyroid something.

What can we do? His head has barely any fur, and his back has two bald stripes. But his neck is furry.
your best bet is asing the doctor how to treat "hypothyroid" seems to be a kind of cancer i think :O "not sure"

i wish the best luck for your dog as im sure there is a way to help your dog out (:

i have my pets too as i love them to death
We've asked him about that. He said it normally occurs only in cat (wow...um, weird? lol). It's not a cancer - you can read more about it here as it's lengthy to explain.

He said there's nothing we can do about it :/

I found THIS on the internet, but I'm not sure if it'd work.
oh yeh well thats sad there is nothing you can do about it. what is the life expectancy of chihuahua's?

also i was jst guessing cancer cuz my mom had thyroid cancer and there was the "roid" on the end jst took a guess.

*sorry for the loss of hair with ur dog tho :/
Yeah :/ but we love him anyway, and he's so obedient <3
I think life expectancy is about 16+ years, so he still has a looong happy life ahead of him Big Grin

Sorry about your mom. Is she okay?
(11-12-2010, 01:05 PM)Twicks Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah :/ but we love him anyway, and he's so obedient <3
I think life expectancy is about 16+ years, so he still has a looong happy life ahead of him Big Grin

Sorry about your mom. Is she okay?

yeh i know what ya mean (: dogs are like family for us

and yeh thanks for asking, thankfully they caught it early and isnt too bad so everything is good now (:

and woah 16+ years thts a long time
Yep! They're our babies <3

That's good to hear - I'm glad she's recovering :]
(11-12-2010, 01:48 PM)Twicks Wrote: [ -> ]Yep! They're our babies <3

That's good to hear - I'm glad she's recovering :]

yup (: thanks

think u will get any more animals in the near future?
I do want to get another dog, hopefully one a bit larger. But I don't think we will any time soon unless we find one or something.
We used to have ducks too, but they got too big so we set them free.

What kinda pets do you have?
(11-12-2010, 02:22 PM)Twicks Wrote: [ -> ]I do want to get another dog, hopefully one a bit larger. But I don't think we will any time soon unless we find one or something.
We used to have ducks too, but they got too big so we set them free.

What kinda pets do you have?

ohh gotcha where did u keep the ducks?

and ive had dogs my entire life, always at least one.

black laps german shepards and currently a golden retriever (:
Pages: 1 2 3