Support Forums

Full Version: Pulling Hair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if it's me being anxious or nervous or depressed or what, but lately I've been ripping my hair out, I usually don't realize it, I'll look down and have hair ALL in my lap, my mom saw it one day and forced me to get a hair cut so now I don't have much hair to pull out.. What do you think that was from? I am not usually TOO stressed, I get nervous alot but I don't usually do any of those 'fidgits' I do tap my fingers with random Rhythm etc, but I've never pulled hair..
Well, next time you catch yourself pulling your hair, try to catch what you're thinking about. That could help identify the problem and eliminate it.
I think you should stop using the computer for a little while.
i tap with my fingers too but i never puled my hair out. i agree with heY? maybe you should turn of yoyr computer and get some rest.
I'm not on it much latley, It's mostly during school but I'm never stressed for school, I just breeze through it.
I never really pulled my hair out, but try to catch yourself while doing so then just ask yourself, what am I doing?
I don't anymore since I have no hair (Haircut--Not bald) I think I found out why, Most likely I'm just tired.. I've been having hallucinations so that's why I think that. :3 Thanks above posters your right xD Sleep
(11-05-2010, 10:12 AM)n0f4m3 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't anymore since I have no hair (Haircut--Not bald) I think I found out why, Most likely I'm just tired.. I've been having hallucinations so that's why I think that. :3 Thanks above posters your right xD Sleep
So, cutting your hair was the best option and the working one. Smile
(11-05-2010, 10:36 AM)Marik™ Wrote: [ -> ]So, cutting your hair was the best option and the working one. Smile
Yup =D I hate short hair but it's better than ripping it out xD
Try putting an elastic band around your wrist, and pull on it when you start to tug at your hair. I know this sounds extremely typical, but it really DOES work. Not only does it keep you occupied, but it tricks your brain into thinking that pulling out your hair has negative consequences. If you connect the pain of slapping the elastic on your wrist with tugging on your hair, your brain will subconsciously stop doing it after a certain amount of time.