Support Forums

Full Version: Smoking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm young and I smoke. I know, it's a bad habit, it's going to kill me, etc etc. Don't start.

Anyway, school is horrible. Not only because I have to sit there for 7 hours listening to some guy talk about stuff I don't care about, but because I sit there for 7 hours without a cigarette. I'm always thinking about smoking, espically at the end of the day. It gets really hot any school, it's hard to pay attention, and it just makes things worse not being able to smoke.

Any tips on how to get through school everyday without flipping out?
(11-02-2010, 07:48 PM)hugsyou Wrote: [ -> ]I'm young and I smoke. I know, it's a bad habit, it's going to kill me, etc etc. Don't start.

Anyway, school is horrible. Not only because I have to sit there for 7 hours listening to some guy talk about stuff I don't care about, but because I sit there for 7 hours without a cigarette. I'm always thinking about smoking, espically at the end of the day. It gets really hot any school, it's hard to pay attention, and it just makes things worse not being able to smoke.

Any tips on how to get through school everyday without flipping out?

Think about different things. Or you could just stop smoking in general. I know a lot of smokers say that gum helps them get through the day. If you are paying attention in class then you wouldn't have to worry about getting through the day with a cigarette Smile
(11-02-2010, 08:05 PM)SniperRiflezzzz Wrote: [ -> ]Think about different things. Or you could just stop smoking in general. I know a lot of smokers say that gum helps them get through the day. If you are paying attention in class then you wouldn't have to worry about getting through the day with a cigarette Smile
I've asked one of my friends how they do and she said she chews gum throughout the day. I might have to try that out.
Well first, Stop smoking, Now I know this is a seemingly impossible task since it is extremely addictive, But I suggest, try to cut your smoking, maybe no smoking on Mondays, then make it weekdays, Then maintain it at weekdays and you should get used to not thinking about it AS much over weekdays. Also try thinking of smoking alternatives (Gum, Electric Cigarrets, etc.)

Keep in mind I don't smoke, and am not familiar with it as well as others will be.
Well, Chewing Nicotine gum or using patches is the best way to get through school. Don't dip at school as thats horrible for you and you will get in trouble if its high school + you have to spit it out.
You'll learn to control it as you go along. I remember I started smoking at 15. By 16 I was ready to smoke almost every 3 hours.

I was caught many times in school, smoking everywhere. I was some sort of a fanatic for smoking like you were for some reason or another. Over time I learned to get over it and realize it's more of a psychological thing than anything, especially when you first start. I can go hours, sometimes a whole day, without a ciggarrette and be just fine now a days. It's not too difficult but I still end up smoking in wrong times just to get the tobacco need out of my system.
try to stop smoking and start chewing gum for instance. that helped me very much
Simply cut down your smoking, if you smoked 8-9, cut down to 6 in the first day, then to 3-4. & Try to concentrate on your school / college work more. Saying this as a smoker. Try to do stuff that will keep you busy, so you won't simple have time for smoking.
(11-03-2010, 09:50 AM)Vovan18 Wrote: [ -> ]Simply cut down your smoking, if you smoked 8-9, cut down to 6 in the first day, then to 3-4. & Try to concentrate on your school / college work more. Saying this as a smoker. Try to do stuff that will keep you busy, so you won't simple have time for smoking.

I'm not really looking to stop smoking, just getting through school without it.
Try those nicotine patches when you're at school. Not to make you stop. But to make you have the nicotine your body needs to focus. Or maybe nicotine gum