Support Forums

Full Version: Struggling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm 16 in the middle of my junior year and I feel as if I don't care about anything anymore. I will not say it is so bad that I would take my own life, but it is getting to the point of where I want to drop out and leave it all behind. My father, although he does not live in the country, is mentally abusive and refuses to stop contacting me through facebook, email, etc and my mother is either out at night or sleeping through the day. My grades are terrible, due to some personal issues, and I am barely on track to graduate. The stress is getting to me and the things I used to do to relieve myself no longer work. Music is just sound to me and smoking weed no longer makes me temporarily feel better. I'm seriously at the point of considering doing heavier drugs such as heroin, or maybe painkillers. I have very little money and although I do have "friends" I have a hard time opening myself up, so much that I can only do it anonymously. I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm simply asking for advice to get by for a few more years before I can start my own life.

Thank you for reading and any advice that you can offer.
ahhh the teenage years.i know all about this and very good.My situation is vary similar to yours in a way.i lived with my mother alone and never had any contact with my father because he did nt want it.I know that at this age quite alot of things seem like they are not going to work out and that just maybe the whole world is against you.I felt exacty the same waay at this age and i started going off the rails and drinking and smokin weed and stuff.i did nt care about anything anymore and when my mum was there to listen i let it go in one ear and out the other.If you want my advice keep your heaad up and try your hardest not to let it get to you.Do you have anybody else in your life who you could look up to and maybe speak with.It helps alot to finally let something out and off your chest believe me.well im now in my twenties and finally made something of myself regardless of what i fought back then.its not nice when you dont have a father figure to look up to you just kinda have to make your own choices of whats right and wrong without your father giving advice.be strong basically and see it through

if ya ever need to talk or ask for advice dont be afraid to pm me and ill get back to you asap
Thank you, unfortunately I don't have anyone I can look up to or confide to hopefully someone will come around. How did you cope with everything and get by until you could move out?
no problem.With me it was a slight bit different because i had an older brother who lived near me who i could basically see as my father figure and ask for advice.He was nt always there for me though as he was also abit of a trouble maker back in the day.well first of all i started drinking at an early age which i would advise you to stay well clear of.I put my self into hospital by taking it too far with something that i thought would make my problems go away but in fact it just made it all the more worse.After id had this experience i started to blank out what was going on in the backgrround of my life and started to concentrate just on what was important in life for myself.the choices i made in this difficult time have come to good .Think about what you most need to do and concentrate on achieving your goals which will set you up for the rest of your life.After all of these problems that iv had i now have contact with my father which im very happy about.Please dont be over powering to your father,he might be having difficulties of his own.Everyone battles there demons in different ways.im sure hell come around eventually just like mine did

never give up hope my friend

regards

NinJa
Man, I would suggest going to the doctor and getting on depression medicine. I am on depression medicine and it works wonders I promise! Try it please! God bless you.
(11-03-2010, 02:39 PM)Shelby Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I would suggest going to the doctor and getting on depression medicine. I am on depression medicine and it works wonders I promise! Try it please! God bless you.

i would nt of said that is the best emotional support you could of given.please be abit more supportive with peoples problems.they are here for advice and not to be told just to go get anti dep pills
Well I'm just giving an idea man. Just to consider. And they aren't just "pills" that term has such a bad stereotype to it. I'm not saying go to the streets and get pills. I'm saying he should try going to the doctor to talk about his problems. And maybe asking about depression pills. I am on them now, and they made me mind calm down alot!
This is for emotional support and advice.fair enough you have your views also but i would nt call that advice.It is something that you find helps you but sadly in this world alot of people take them for the wrong reasons and cant stop taking them.Maybe they work for you but telling someone to do something that they may take to heart and then regret later on in their life is another issue.please think about that...........and no hard feelings about what i have said,ok Smile
Ok man, you are right Smile that is very true. But a doctor could help him control the amounts and everything. But you're right Smile no hard feelings
Hello Kcykes,

It seems like you've got quite a lot of issues that could be building unneeded stress within your life. Don't worry, I can tell you from experience that you are not the only one. Many of us go through the exact same thing. Even though we all experience it at different levels and extremes, I personally know what it's like to feel like there's no point in continuing with your current lifestyle. I suggest you step back for a minute, and analyze things. Even though quitting school may seem quite appealing at the moment, you might want to think about the effects it may have on your life from a long-term point of view. You also might want to try to find some sort of hobby, in order to keep your mind busy. For me. it's writing. I love to write! You just need to find yours. Once you do, you will finally be able to get your mind off some of the negative aspects of your life, not to mention that you will be completing some-what productive tasks.

I hope some of this made sense, and had some sort of effect on you. Just know that things can turn around and get better very quickly, You have control over your life, whether you see it right now or not. Also, I would advise against turning to heavy drugs and/or medication to assist you with your issues. It will only make things worse. From what I have read, the last thing you need right now is to suffer from a serious life-threatening addiction.

I really hope things turn around for you! Let me know if you need somebody to talk to. Even though I may just seem like a stranger, I feel as if I have gone through some of the same things you have. You're not alone!

Good Luck,
Virtual Reality
Pages: 1 2