Support Forums

Full Version: My Eating Habits [HELP!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello SF,

I am usually on HF, but I have decided to post this here to avoid being trolled. This is a serious inquiry, and I request the input of anybody willing to supply an opinion. Thanks in advance for reading, as I really appreciate any support that you may be able to provide!

--

My parents broke up when I was 9 years old. I was in the fourth grade, and I took it pretty hard. It's easy to say that both my grades and my personal health suffered due to this occurrence. I was quite devastated, and I began to lash out behaviorally, as most children my age would.

As of November 2010, I am now 15 years old. Not much has changed in my life. I am still going down the paths I would rather not travel, and my life just seems to be in a "rut" so-to-speak, as of late. After my parents divorce, I have pretty much lost contact with my father. I share the occasional phone call with him, but nothing more. It was really my choice, though. Anyways, that's another story.

My main issue still remains. Soon after the divorce of my parents, I began to over-eat. I have no clue why, but I had begun to find comfort in any sort of food/drink. At this point, I would consider myself out of shape, and I am at the point of obesity. I'm 5 ft. 6 and about 200 pounds.

Ever since I was 9, I just ate whenever I was sad, happy, bored, or discomforted. Whenever there was an issue or if I was stressed about something, I would grab a bag of chips and eat away my sorrows. Because of that, I have now reached the point I am currently at in my life. Things need to change!

I've tried dieting and changing my ways multiple times, but it has always failed. I really have had problems finding motivation, and sticking to my eating/exercising schedule.

This is where you come in. I need YOUR suggestions on not only becoming fit, but being able to control my eating habits. Some days I feel helpless, and I don't stop eating until I literally can no longer eat. I am really at my breaking point.

Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. I really need help with getting my life back, and any advice you can provide would truly be wonderful. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading every response I receive!

- Virtual Reality
hello , i am also from hackforums and think i have seen you there at some point..

dont worry i wont troll you or anything or even tell anybody from HF.i know exactly how you feel because my parents split up when i was younger too and i lost all contact with my father also.Have you ever really spoken to anybody about this?maybe someone who you can trust or maybe even look up to in your life.sometimes emotions get trapped up on the inside because you are hurt and you dont know what to do!!Maybe alittle confused?If you have all these feelings in you all at the same time then of course some you turn to something which eases you.diferent people go through different motions and turn to different things.Your problem is eating but others do other stuff like drugs ,drinking etc.personally i think you really need to talk with someone to finally let out all of this frustration and anger inside of you so you can finally grow up as yourself andd not just constantly thinking about the past.i still have no contact with my dad as a grown up but because i have had alot of friends and family to talk to i have learnt to overcome my inner demons as i think you will be able to do in time................i think you will not be able to start wikth getting fit until you control your feeling....even if it means seeing a shrink.....then so be it.i think you will feel all the more better and can start to live your life again,get a trainer who can help you out with a healthy eaating plan for week

if you ever have any problems or want to sk for advice dont be afraid to ask me

you can always send me a pm here or on HF under the same name (godtodie4)
(11-01-2010, 03:02 PM)godtodie4 Wrote: [ -> ]hello , i am also from hackforums and think i have seen you there at some point..

dont worry i wont troll you or anything or even tell anybody from HF.i know exactly how you feel because my parents split up when i was younger too and i lost all contact with my father also.Have you ever really spoken to anybody about this?maybe someone who you can trust or maybe even look up to in your life.sometimes emotions get trapped up on the inside because you are hurt and you dont know what to do!!Maybe alittle confused?If you have all these feelings in you all at the same time then of course some you turn to something which eases you.diferent people go through different motions and turn to different things.Your problem is eating but others do other stuff like drugs ,drinking etc.personally i think you really need to talk with someone to finally let out all of this frustration and anger inside of you so you can finally grow up as yourself andd not just constantly thinking about the past.i still have no contact with my dad as a grown up but because i have had alot of friends and family to talk to i have learnt to overcome my inner demons as i think you will be able to do in time................i think you will not be able to start wikth getting fit until you control your feeling....even if it means seeing a shrink.....then so be it.i think you will feel all the more better and can start to live your life again,get a trainer who can help you out with a healthy eaating plan for week

if you ever have any problems or want to sk for advice dont be afraid to ask me

you can always send me a pm here or on HF under the same name (godtodie4)

Thanks for the advice! It really made ma think. I will take your advice on controlling my feelings before I control my health, as it seems like a good idea. I appreciate your input!
no problem at all my friend , and as i said if you ever need advice dont be afraid to pm me here or on hackforums.Iv been through my fair share of crap in my life and i know its not nice.........and keep smiling it adds years to your life.when you are happy you feel indestructable when you are happy you feel like you can achieve anything.The path to choose is laid in front of you,you just have to choose the right thing for yourself Smile
(11-01-2010, 03:16 PM)godtodie4 Wrote: [ -> ]no problem at all my friend , and as i said if you ever need advice dont be afraid to pm me here or on hackforums.Iv been through my fair share of crap in my life and i know its not nice.........and keep smiling it adds years to your life.when you are happy you feel indestructable when you are happy you feel like you can achieve anything.The path to choose is laid in front of you,you just have to choose the right thing for yourself Smile

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again! :]
I'm usually sad (Biological depression) And I'm just the opposite, I starve myself. A way to cut down on your eating would be to.
1) Cut off snacks first. Some cliche' ways are wearing a rubber band and snapping it on your wrist everytime you go for a snack, find a different outlet then food.
2) For this outlet, Try drawing, singing, even if it's just napping. what I recommend is exercising, It improves depression to make you happier, and will eventually take care of your weight.
3) Maintain, Keep this going, a different outlet instead of food, preferably exercising.

I know you'll see this everywhere but it works..
I applaud your efforts and openness. I think you're brave and honest. I admire that. As someone who has dealt with eating "issues" myself I would encourage you to seek some kind of support. Changing eating habits is difficult due to the connections we make with eating - emotional, behavioral, and thought processes. A sturdy support network is very helpful in motivating, being held accountable, and listening.

It sounds like you have great insight into why you eat the way you do. It also sounds like you're motivated to change and try to change independently. There are a lot of techniques to change eating habits, but remember the eating is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Underneath the eating habits are reasons and thought processes for why you eat the way you do. Until those reasons are resolved the eating won't be resolved completely. Journaling, keeping food diaries, individual and group therapy, and seeing a physician are good techniques to start.

You're young, intelligent, and at a great place to start working on a healthier you - physically and mentally. I wish you all the best!
You could start working out and build all of that fat into muscle. I mean i'm 5'10 and 110 lbs. I wish i had a couple of extra pounds. But i would make a workout routine, you could run, lift weights, or even do push ups and sit ups. You also could start eating healthy, such as eating more vegetables and more greens.

Hope this helped. Smile
I am also sorry about your parents getting a divorce.
Well to start off, if you want to eat out your sorrows get something healty, like an apple or grapes or fruit so that when you eat you will be doing a lesser harm to your body. 2, you need to workout some. Just start off with doing 50 situps throughout the entire day. If you are waiting for something to load or download, do a few jumping jacks or pushups.
I say get a trainer that can help you regulate the amount of food you need to intake to stay healthy Smile
Pages: 1 2