Support Forums

Full Version: Tired after eating a meal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just lately I become really tired during and after eating a meal. If I tried I could lay my head down and actually go to sleep half way through eating.

Is this a big problem? Just wanted to get it off my chest.
Its extremely unhealthy to sleep after meals because thats when your body works the least, therefore this is the way that you gain weight the fastest because almost all the food gets stored as fat. An idea is to go for a 20-30 minute run, because exercise keeps you awake, then you can take a nap.
No, some foods contains chemicals to make a person sleepy.

In this case, your body is probably really sensitive to these chemicals. Foods like turkey can make you tired or sleepy.
I don't actually go to sleep afterwards. Just I could if I really wanted.

And this new to me; as my body has never done this before.
If youve made a great deal of change in your diet its probably your body trying to cope, if not you should contact your doctor and ask him whats wrong. Because when my mom became a vegetarian she got very sleepy and some dizzy spells and she ended up becoming anemic because she wasnt getting enough iron.
That's defiantly not good, Maybe your just tired? Not the meal per-say, Try sleeping longer for the next week.
That's natural... your body goes from using it's energy to keep you awake straight to digesting food.

Plus, if you sleep right after you eat your body stores the energy for a later date (makes you fat). This is completely natural and normal.
Well certain foods have a chemical called tryptophan this makes you tired.
Turkey has this in it.
hope i helped
It probably depends on what exactly you are eating. Certain foods can make you sleepy