Support Forums

Full Version: Overwhelmed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lost.meg.

Not sure where else to post this.
Evening rolls around and things get a lot darker. Life seems awesome during the day, and now I'm alone, doors are shut and I just feel so sad and lonely. I'm one of the luckiest girls and I know it. I'm a pre-med student, healthy, confident, and have a good group of friends. There is something missing and I can't place it. Like there is this giant hole in me and I often fight back tears. I'm not happy and I haven't been in months. I lie, make up reasons for why I feel this way simply because I can't quite place it and feel as though I need to rationalize it.
I'm just sad and confused.
And not sure how to fix this Sad
Might be depression.

Happens to everyone once in a while, has anything bad happened or you fear you have done something bad in the past few months or so? Maybe hurt someone or said something you did not actually mean and it is silently reflecting on you and you cannot place it? Cheating on schoolwork, or a relationship?

Or you just need something to do, an extracurricular activity.

I take it you are in College, you should try doing some help with the poor, looks great on resume's, and it's fun to meet people who do not have what you have.

Thanks. And I do quite a bit of work outside of school, work in a retirement home and am involved with big brothers big sisters, in addition to sports.
And yes, I'm in college, my second year.
I did mess up a relationship in the summer, maybe that's it... but I don't think I can fix it, or would want to. You really think something like that could cause this? This awful feeling just keeps creeping up on me, when it does I can't stop crying and I'd like nothing more than just to have it go away. I really hope it's not depression...
You should apologize to people whom you've created bad ties with. Whether it be people you haven't talked to in years, or people you just stopped talking with, either because they slowly faded away or you had trouble with them.

Depression usually is caused by anxiety, or a chemically imbalanced brain.
I agree, it sounds like depression, perhaps a change of routine would make you feel better. Sometimes boredom kicks in and so on. If you did just come out of a relationship it may just be the aftermath, how long were you with said person?
Not to sound like a hitter but you need to get a boyfriend, people you love (excluding family) often make a person very happy and rip themselves out of a dark depression.

Love = Happiness

I was with him for two years, but I broke it off in June and just started feeling like this recently. I felt happy all summer.
Maybe I do need a boyfriend, but I'm a bit of a idealist and am not willing to settle, Ive gone on dates but none have really felt right.
Maybe its just a chemical imbalance.
I'm just confused and am not really sure how to correct the problem, I'd just like to feel good again and have a reason to smile. Ugh.
Maybe I should give one of the guys a chance and see how that plays out....
(10-31-2010, 10:07 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I was with him for two years, but I broke it off in June and just started feeling like this recently. I felt happy all summer.
Maybe I do need a boyfriend, but I'm a bit of a idealist and am not willing to settle, Ive gone on dates but none have really felt right.
Maybe its just a chemical imbalance.
I'm just confused and am not really sure how to correct the problem, I'd just like to feel good again and have a reason to smile. Ugh.
Maybe I should give one of the guys a chance and see how that plays out....

You don't necessarily need a relationship to be happy, seems to me like you need some more activities during the later part of the day, keep your mind of things, it is also quite common for people to have slight depression at the start of the winter season, so perhaps that coupled with a few other minor things is causing this.

Thanks, I look forward to things improving...

-Meg