Support Forums

Full Version: PHP Form to Email (And the form input as VCF Attachment)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I am not at all PHP friendly. So You might have to go a little easy on me. I did a seach on this and found one post, but that didnt help me much, so I thought I'd post a new thread, hopefully I might get 'Spoon fed' :p

Here's what I want:

This is my company's contact us form page:
http://www.automission.in/contact/enquiry.asp

What I want is, when a user/customer enters the details in this form, I should get an email (which I do at the moment), But if someone can help me with a code with which I get the details not only as a displayed email of the form, but also a .VCF attachment of all the details entered, so I can save the file to my address book on my computer! I did check out this thread here: http://www.webmasterforums.com/databases...#post20616
which basically asks the user to save his own vcf file instead of it mailing ME as an attachment!
Also, another problem with that script is, that, the filename is either untitled.vcf or filename.vcf , If it would be the "Full_Name.vcf" that the user has entered or the EMAIL.VCF (email address entered by the user in the form) it would be great.

I would really appreciate if someone can give me the php-code which I can probably just paste in my form2email.php page, it would be GREAT! Smile

Thanks for reading till here, if you did manage to read it! Smile

Regards!

VypeR
BTW, currently I am using this PHP Code to get my Form posted to the email address specified!:

PHP Code! ------------>
Code:
<?php

$my_email = "info@xxxxxxxxxxxx.in";

/*

Enter the continue link to offer the user after the form is sent.  If you do not change this, your visitor will be given a continue link to your homepage.

If you do change it, remove the "/" symbol below and replace with the name of the page to link to, eg: "mypage.htm" or "http://www.elsewhere.com/page.htm"

*/

$continue = "/";

/*

Step 3:

Save this file (FormToEmail.php) and upload it together with your webpage containing the form to your webspace.  IMPORTANT - The file name is case sensitive!  You must save it exactly as it is named above!  Do not put this script in your cgi-bin directory (folder) it may not work from there.

THAT'S IT, FINISHED!

You do not need to make any changes below this line.

*/

$errors = array();

// Remove $_COOKIE elements from $_REQUEST.

if(count($_COOKIE)){foreach(array_keys($_COOKIE) as $value){unset($_REQUEST[$value]);}}

// Check all fields for an email header.

function recursive_array_check_header($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+)(content-type:|to:|cc:|bcc:)/i",$element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_header($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_header($_REQUEST);

if($set){$errors[] = "You cannot send an email header";}

unset($set);

// Validate email field.

if(isset($_REQUEST['email']) && !empty($_REQUEST['email']))
{

if(preg_match("/(%0A|%0D|\n+|\r+|:)/i",$_REQUEST['email'])){$errors[] = "Email address may not contain a new line or a colon";}

$_REQUEST['email'] = trim($_REQUEST['email']);

if(substr_count($_REQUEST['email'],"@") != 1 || stristr($_REQUEST['email']," ")){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_email = explode("@",$_REQUEST['email']);if(empty($exploded_email[0]) || strlen($exploded_email[0]) > 64 || empty($exploded_email[1])){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{if(substr_count($exploded_email[1],".") == 0){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{$exploded_domain = explode(".",$exploded_email[1]);if(in_array("",$exploded_domain)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid";}else{foreach($exploded_domain as $value){if(strlen($value) > 63 || !preg_match('/^[a-z0-9-]+$/i',$value)){$errors[] = "Email address is invalid"; break;}}}}}}

}

// Check referrer is from same site.

if(!(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && !empty($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'],$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']))){$errors[] = "You must enable referrer logging to use the form";}

// Check for a blank form.

function recursive_array_check_blank($element_value)
{

global $set;

if(!is_array($element_value)){if(!empty($element_value)){$set = 1;}}
else
{

foreach($element_value as $value){if($set){break;} recursive_array_check_blank($value);}

}

}

recursive_array_check_blank($_REQUEST);

if(!$set){$errors[] = "You cannot send a blank form";}

unset($set);

// Display any errors and exit if errors exist.

if(count($errors)){foreach($errors as $value){print "$value<br>";} exit;}

if(!defined("PHP_EOL")){define("PHP_EOL", strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,3) == "WIN") ? "\r\n" : "\n");}

// Build message.

function build_message($request_input){if(!isset($message_output)){$message_output ="";}if(!is_array($request_input)){$message_output = $request_input;}else{foreach($request_input as $key => $value){if(!empty($value)){if(!is_numeric($key)){$message_output .= str_replace("_"," ",ucfirst($key)).": ".build_message($value).PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL;}else{$message_output .= build_message($value).", ";}}}}return rtrim($message_output,", ");}

$message = build_message($_REQUEST);

$message = $message . PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL."-- ".PHP_EOL."";

$message = stripslashes($message);

$subject = "FormToEmail Comments";

$headers = "From: " . $_REQUEST['email'];

mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);

?>

PHP Code ------------->