Support Forums

Full Version: Trying to stop cussing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there, so my main problem is i cuss alot and i seriously think it puts me in a worse mood when i do so i am trying to stop, any tips on how to stop? last time i stopped for 1 year and something got me back into i am 14 so take that into mind, i so far have gone the whole day without saying a word and only thinking 1. I dont know what kind of advice you guys can give me but shoot anything will help. i am not sure this is the right forum but im preety sure it is.
I know what you mean mate. I thought about stopping as well because I figured it did more bad than good.

It's just a habit that you have to break unfortuantely. I suppose you could punish yourself somehow, like do pushups for every word.

Regards,
Zurmi
LOL Thats a good idea, I really like the pushup Idea when you cuss! Hahaha... Yeah I am trying to break it toooo... Its tough and will make you feel better, and girls like it when you don't cuss, I figured.
Well.. I stopped because it doesn't make you any "cooler" than you are people think it makes them "tough" when they talk crap with profane in it. So I just don't use profanity anymore.
what type of words do you mean by cuss ?
-Lk
(10-22-2010, 08:14 PM)Zurmi Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean mate. I thought about stopping as well because I figured it did more bad than good.

It's just a habit that you have to break unfortuantely. I suppose you could punish yourself somehow, like do pushups for every word.

Regards,
Zurmi
i actually was seriously thinking that because im also trying to lose weight so it would be a ++
(10-23-2010, 04:58 AM)Lemons Kushy Wrote: [ -> ]what type of words do you mean by cuss ?
-Lk
my main ones are the "f" word and Sh..
i use those words in nearly every sentence O_O
I never understood why these so called "bad words" were bad in the first place, don't they just express emotions? If you burn yourself pretty bad what are you going to say, "oh gabbers I've just burned myself" , or are you gonna say "shiiiiiittt, god-fuckkking...(pause) dammmiit...and so on"? You can't help it and it comes out, if you try to restrain yourself you might end up even more stressed.

It's just language, use it....talk...
^ atleast read the freaking thread on why before you post k. it obv. has nothing to do with the fact its a bad word.
I did..why would I post without reading the initial post?..

But anyway I said it's just a language if you didn't catch that.

Why don't you study the dictionary? Maybe if you learn so more words you could replace them or completely bypass common "cuss words" with other words you learn, it'll make you seem more mature or intelligent? All you gotta do is train your mind, that's all.
Pages: 1 2