Support Forums

Full Version: How can I focus more?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any strategies on focusing?

I always feel distracted, I'm not very good at focusing at all. When I want to learn something on the internet I put it aside and go on a forum or listen to music. I leave my homework to the last minute unless I get help from other people, how can I learn to focus more on overall everything in my life.

Any feedback would be appreciated it, Thanks.
eXosphere™
Start small. If you set you're goal to learning python you're only going to disappoint yourself when you realize it's not as easy as you thought it would be. You need to achieve goals in order to stay motivated, so set a goal and follow through with it.

I have the same problem by the way and this is the only way I can "fix" it.
Marijuana.     
Sounds like you have ADD or ADHD, I recommend self medicating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextroamphetamine

Nah but all jokes aside perhaps look into some medication for such a thing, then again it could just be a bad habit you need to break out of.
(10-21-2010, 05:31 PM)-paradox- Wrote: [ -> ]Start small. If you set you're goal to learning python you're only going to disappoint yourself when you realize it's not as easy as you thought it would be. You need to achieve goals in order to stay motivated, so set a goal and follow through with it.

I have the same problem by the way and this is the only way I can "fix" it.
Yeah, on the computer I'm currently trying to start learning basics of PHP but I think my lack of focusing tells me it will be a challenge to learn.

(10-21-2010, 05:42 PM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]Marijuana.     

TRUST ME, it doesn't help ;)

(10-21-2010, 05:45 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have ADD or ADHD, I recommend self medicating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dextroamphetamine

Nah but all jokes aside perhaps look into some medication for such a thing, then again it could just be a bad habit you need to break out of.

Yeah, it's a horrible habit. I guess I'll try making small goals first.
Don't do the ADD ADHD medication thing yet.. I remember in high school "everyone had adhd".. It's simply lack of motivation and concentration. I'm not saying it's not a possibility but don't jump to conclusions like most people do.
(10-21-2010, 05:55 PM)-paradox- Wrote: [ -> ]Don't do the ADD ADHD medication thing yet.. I remember in high school "everyone had adhd".. It's simply lack of motivation and concentration. I'm not saying it's not a possibility but don't jump to conclusions like most people do.

That's what I am having right now >.< like a few weeks ago I would do stuff quickly to get it done with but now I am pushing it off and can't stay focused in class not to mention I'm always tired... etc
(10-21-2010, 05:26 PM)eXosphere™ Wrote: [ -> ]Any strategies on focusing?

I always feel distracted, I'm not very good at focusing at all. When I want to learn something on the internet I put it aside and go on a forum or listen to music. I leave my homework to the last minute unless I get help from other people, how can I learn to focus more on overall everything in my life.

Any feedback would be appreciated it, Thanks.
eXosphere™

Exactly what -paradox- said. Set your goals high. Take small steps to achieve them. ♥ You'll soon reach those really high goals and achieve great success in your life. Good wife/husband, kids, a house, car, etc.