Support Forums

Full Version: Is she getting jealous?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BACKSTORY:

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I got really close to a girl, closer than with any other girl before. She used to tell me everything she didn't tell anyone else. I obviously liked her, but she told me I was just a "bro."

I ignored her for a bit because I had to get my head clear and deal with rejection for the first time. I wasn't a dick to her or anything.

She started asking my friends why I wasn't talking to her. Obviously she is too blind to see that she PLAYED me, no , used me. I was heartbroken.

She was the first girl I truly did like in all my years of highschool, and I got shot down like a stuka in world war II.

I got over it though because I found someone else.

~~~
So here we go:

One day at lunch I was talking to my friend as I was about to sit down at the table. I kept on talking to him without even bothering to talk to anyone else. The girl that played me said hello, and I said hello back, and continued talking to my friend.

A little bit later, I saw this really attractive girl walk by. Obviously I'm a guy - I checked her out. As soon as I did that, the girl that played me ( we will call her Player1) walked away from the table and didn't come back until the end of the period.

The next day at lunch, Player1 asks me if I'm okay (for some reason.) and I say that I'm fine, but I still didn't talk to her at all that day. I have more important things to do, like study for my test next period.

She texts my friend asking why I'm not talking to her, but I wasn't told about this until later on.

So I started thinking she was jealous because I am talking about other things like women/videogames/checking girls out instead of talking to her.

I put it all to the test on friday. I went down to lunch. It was my birthday, so one of my friends (girl) made me pancakes ( don't ask.) I took them and gave her great hugsies. Player1 walked away from the table as soon as i did that.

~~~
YESTERDAY:

Player1 , myself, and my friends all hang out. I ignore talking to Player1 like the plague, although I was standing next to her no problem. She asked my friends why, and they didn't know why. They never asked me a bout it.

She said she misses talking to me.

~~~

What I think:
I think I've been ignoring her without actually noticing it until last friday, only because I'm afraid I'd start liking her again, get used, and become heartbroken a second time. I don't want that. I really don't. I wasted too much time on her.

I've gotten over her because I'm really interested in another girl, but I just hate when random crap like this happens. It makes me wonder why it happened and I keep going on and on about it.

People say I'm not over her...but I am. She didn't even remember my birthday after I told her like 4 days ago. She didn't even SAY happy birthday, unlike the other girl who I got the most awesome present from.

~Do you guys think she is getting jealous because I honestly have better things to do than give her the attention she so desperately wants?
You're young, i wouldn't bother about this first rejection. You'll get loads more when you get older trust me. School is hard, girls and boys never know what they want. Just keep your chin up, it will soon pick up.
(10-17-2010, 08:54 AM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]You're young, i wouldn't bother about this first rejection. You'll get loads more when you get older trust me. School is hard, girls and boys never know what they want. Just keep your chin up, it will soon pick up.

If you read the thread, you would have found out that I am over it...

I've been over her for about 2 weeks now and It feels great.
I don't know where I read this, but this quote always stuck out in my mind, while reading your story.

“Love may exist without jealousy, although this is rare; but jealousy may exist without love, and this is common."

Take what you want from it. I can definitely relate this to what you are going through. I hope it helps.
She used you because she saw you as a friend?

Good job...
(10-17-2010, 11:48 AM)Cybr Wrote: [ -> ]She used you because she saw you as a friend?

Good job...

I dont agree there.
I think its highly possible she only wanted to be friends because of being hurt in the past also.
Much like you were feeling a few weeks ago OP.
Its hard to say. But i dont think you can call some one a user because they want to be friends.
It is quite common for one party to be attracted to another but not vice versa.
Its also quite common to get mixed signals from woman.

Now as for ignoring her.
This is a good method to actually make her start to like you, so be careful there.
Also it will cause you to bottle up your emotions when really you should have told her from the moment you felt the way you did.
Sure you could have been rejected on the spot or you could have had happen what did.
Rejection does not have to be taken as literally as some take it.
Dealing with rejection is actually a sign of maturity.
Anyways OP good luck with this new girl.
The fact she atleast remembered your birthday is a good start.
And happy birthday for whenever that was also.
I am sorry for not posting about this issue you are having, but you are hilarious.
Quote:and I got shot down like a stuka in world war II
(10-17-2010, 06:39 PM)Duff Wrote: [ -> ]I am sorry for not posting about this issue you are having, but you are hilarious.

Thanks. Glad someone else sees my unintentional humor Big Grin
When it comes to humans we are all different what motivates us, and intrigues us, and what excites us. that being said there are several option to weigh here.
  • She realized she actually cared for you beyond a friend, when you were gone.
  • She though of you as a good friend (A nice amount of females don't like to date friends)
  • She is actually jealous
  • She was afraid to tell you how much she cared about you because she might of gotten hurt before
In order to actually know what option is true you need to understand her and truly know her, you are the only one here who can decide if she is actually jealous.
(10-18-2010, 04:56 PM)SystemThurtyTwo Wrote: [ -> ]When it comes to humans we are all different what motivates us, and intrigues us, and what excites us. that being said there are several option to weigh here.
  • She realized she actually cared for you beyond a friend, when you were gone.
  • She though of you as a good friend (A nice amount of females don't like to date friends)
  • She is actually jealous
  • She was afraid to tell you how much she cared about you because she might of gotten hurt before
In order to actually know what option is true you need to understand her and truly know her, you are the only one here who can decide if she is actually jealous.

Seems like you have that laid out nice ^.
And from what it seems she is jealous and wants you to start talking to her again.
Pages: 1 2